Fixious....

S']['U

Re: Fixious....

Post by S']['U »

Ghost wrote:I haven't been able to see a single picture you posted
AHH! That explains it. They showed up fine for me until I refreshed. I'll re-host them.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Hobbit Spock
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

wtf?
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

perrinoia wrote:wtf?
A friend gave me this record album a few years ago..

Maybe now would be a good time to sell it?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I'll give you $10 for it, Stu.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

S']['U wrote:
perrinoia wrote:wtf?
A friend gave me this record album a few years ago..

Maybe now would be a good time to sell it?
Question STU, have you listened to it yet? How does it sound? I actually still have an old JVC record, reel to reel, 8 track, and radio player, and a portable record player including many records, reel to reels, and 8 tracks. All still working. Of course the sound isn't as pure and clean as a CD or any digital music ;)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Hahaha... I've had so many people tell me that vinyl is better than CD and MP3 recently and I laugh at them in their face.

I've never ever heard a record player where I couldn't hear static or the sound of the needle scratching the record louder than the actual music.

I'll take HiFi MP3 over vinyl anyday.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:Hahaha... I've had so many people tell me that vinyl is better than CD and MP3 recently and I laugh at them in their face.

I've never ever heard a record player where I couldn't hear static or the sound of the needle scratching the record louder than the actual music.

I'll take HiFi MP3 over vinyl anyday.
Actually Perr, there is a record player that plays and sounds just like a CD. It's made by NAD, and cost around $10K. I've had the luxury to hear it at a friends place in my area that sells them. It's been almost a decade since I've heard them, they may be cheaper now, but sounds exactly like CD quality.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Well obviously, if you pay 10k for it, it's probably got a needle carved from a unicorn horn, and you're gonna like the way it sounds because your wallet says so.

I picked up a chick at a bar once, and drove her home to get castle... She literally lived in a castle. We went into her room and she decided to show off her record collection. She put one on the player, and I swear to you, despite the speakers being the size of filing cabinets, I heard nothing but static and scratching noises. I sat on her bed for like 5 minutes listening for anything that resembled music while she rambled about how much better vinyl is than Pandora.

Then I took my phone out of my pocket, asked what song she was playing, searched for it on Pandora and played it on my phone speakers... It was decent music, and I could actually hear it. No scratching or static noises.

TLDR; I didn't get laid that night.