snes gaming

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: snes gaming

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Ghost wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote: ill hopefully pick up the xbox1 when bo3 comes out, or the next treyarch game.
Respect! I love treyarchs call of duties. IMO they the only call of duties worth getting. Im on Xbox 1 also so ill play it with you.

Btw it might be World at War 2 instead of BO3!!!! :drinkz:
i just play zombis on xbox mostly. i play multiplayer on pc. tho if it bo3 i might play a lil multi on xbox too. if ww2, then i prob just end up playing zombies.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

it would be my second atm, right under tribes lol. i shotguns on xbox black ops 2. very pro zombie player.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

My argument for keeping pc separate from console games is because people who buy console want everyone they pay against to have the same hardware, and software, so the only advantage is experience and skill.

PC gamers, on the other hand, want to own the best computer with the best internet connection, with the best config, and the best scripts, so they have the most advantages over their opponents.

However, game developers are fucking up that rift with perks, whether awarded through achievements or purchased, which brings the competitive advantage mentality of PC gamers to consoles.

The end result is very unfair to noobs, and I personally think it is creating an economic bubble in the gaming industry that will pop when players get sick of getting played, and find a better source of entertainment.

But the gaming industry will prolong that by continuously releasing new perks to distract experienced players from the dwindling numbers of gamers.

We saw it happen with Tribes. They sold a game that was too easy to pirate, then realized they had far more players than sales, so they made tribes 2, which was supposed top be so much better, but was really only more difficult to pirate. Then they tried to cash in with Tribes vengeance, but missed their target market by putting a ceiling on every map. Next they tried to rope us back in, using RPG tactics, with Tribes ascend, and that appears to still be working for a few suckers, but not enough to pay the developers bills, because their target market are people who are stick clinging to the memory of a game they bought 18 years ago. So they gave up on us, and now we get to witness a small scale demonstration of the collapse of gaming as we know it.

I know this sounds bad, but it's not.. We're the first to crash, which means, when the rest crash too, they'll be noobs in the post-modern gaming era, and we'll be veterans, setting the newest trends.

I hope it involves VR goggles as i/o devices and tournament style matching (to pair similarly skilled players or teams).

In fact, that is actually something we can do ourselves. I'm setting a goal for my own mod to track stats and pick teams fairly, plus matches should be conducted tournament style to keep the teams from getting fucked up, mid game.

TL;DR: Shameless promotion of my coding skills.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

playing this classic today. see if i can get it beat by end of day. already got a bunch of suit upgrades with only an hour play time.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Oh Metroid a Classic!
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

ive never played it all the way through. was more of a mario / contra guy back in the day. wow this game has some serious fuckin depth tho for an snes title. like me thinking i was doing good was a severe understatement. i missed lots of secrets first time through, and still finding stuff i keep passing up. so many hidden passages it's crazy.

the skill level on things like wall jump and mid air ball bombs are crazy too. i sat here jumping into a wall for an hour trying to perfect my wall jump, and it still needs work LOL.

this is one of the hardest skills ive had to learn in a game^^

the timing has to be key. it's not nearly as easy as this guy makes it look lol.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Yeah, that was a serious game back in it's days. It helped out with depth perception, timing, and increased your skills.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I thoroughly enjoyed the classic gameboy version.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

i highly recommend super metroid. im half way through it now, with shit loads of upgrades.

this is the best metroid player. guy is fucking crazy good. skip past like first 5-10 min and watch this guy just kill it.

i no where near as good lol, but some of these tricks i can do already. i can do a lot of this stuff, just way slower lol.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

lol and right after i post that i get put in a position where i need to wall jump up a hugeeee area. fuck man, 30 mins later and i think im able to do a one sided wall jump. just did it like 3 times in a row. going to practice more.