Hello and Goodbye

Jerr Bear

Hello and Goodbye

Post by Jerr Bear »

Hi Everyone,

Well, I wanted to stop in and say an official goodbye. : ( There will never be a replacement for Tribes in my heart

and playing this game will always be one of the most fun things I have ever done.

To my friends, and the people that always treated me kindly and justly: I wanted to let you know that I still think

about you guys and hope that you are living happy lives. I've moved on to some other games, and what they lack in

gameplay and complexity, they make up for in their communities. It seems everyone is there for the same reason I am,

to play the game and to enjoy themselves, so it has been a much more pleasant experience as a whole. I do miss you

guys though, and if you would like to continue our friendship, I am often on Steam and would love to hear from you.

My username for Steam is jerrygarciatribes, please add me and say hello sometime. : )

To the rest of you: I hope that my absence has finally allowed you to understand that I really had NO interest in

all of the drama and BS. I have made a huge sacrifice, by giving up Tribes, as I loved, and dedicated myself to learning,

this game as much as anyone that has ever played, and remember I did most of it as a lone ranger. I finally realized, though, that I did not have to do all this. I

had a choice, and unfortunately I finally came to the realization that the pleasure I gained was not worth the

hassle I endured. I truly am sorry for my part in all of the trouble. This was my first online video game, and I

think because of the anonymity involved, I saw a lot of things that I had not been used to dealing with in real

life. I certainly understand that I often responded inappropriately, even though I only ever used the 26 letters of

the English alphabet as my weapon. I've never been one to passively observe what I perceived as poor behavior, even

if I clearly saw that the most likely potential outcome for my interference would be negative for me. I'm not sure if it is a fault of mine,

or a noble characteristic. I often think it's both.

In closing, I hope that when you think about it all, you realize your contribution, and are able to learn as much

from this awful mess as I have. Also, it is with great pride that I am able to truthfully say that I am one of the

few people that NEVER ran HM with my Tribes. ; )

Irrespective of the past, I wish the best of luck to everyone in the future. Goodbye to all. Thanks for the great times and memories!

P.S. Sapo, I know you are pissed at me, and I don't blame you, as I once felt the same way about Fade for bailing

on me, but I hope you can understand that things were not easy for me here, and I am much happier without the stress

and strife in my life. I very much hope to hear from you on Steam, my friend.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Hello and Goodbye

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Jerry? Miss u buddy!!

You're an MVP in my book.
frankthetank

Post by frankthetank »

I was wondering where you had gone. I've Missed you, bud. Goodbye Jerry. We had some fun times.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:Jerry? Miss u buddy!!

He was a Noob in mine
EvilTree{OZ}
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Jerry i know how much tribes 1 means to you. Remember the most important about tribes is where you had all the good games and fights. Hope everything is well and keep moving that same pathway. Cya Amigo!

Owner
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

For sure! Later Garcia.
SapoIV

Post by SapoIV »

Jerry I hAtE you .. coward.. face me in the Arena if you know what is best for you ... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You disappear on me and now you comeback with this BS.. get back here and face me for the last time... oh I see you are affray to face your student.. hah...

I REALLY WILL MISS YA MAN... FEW OF MY GOOD FRIENDS ARE LEAVING ME .. OR ALREADY DID.
ON TOP OF THAT BEAVIS HATES ME A BUNCH .. DAMMIT .. RECONSIDER AND PLEASE STAY .. :D :D :D :D :D

King Bull Frog ... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

I saw this guy today,And thought you started playing again..one of your old screen names. Now I see your thread. That shits creepy.
And Sapol is still a noob..vgv
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

<!>SapoIV-- wrote:Jerry I hAtE you .. coward.. face me in the Arena if you know what is best for you ... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You disappear on me and now you comeback with this BS.. get back here and face me for the last time... oh I see you are affray to face your student.. hah...

I REALLY WILL MISS YA MAN... FEW OF MY GOOD FRIENDS ARE LEAVING ME .. OR ALREADY DID.
ON TOP OF THAT BEAVIS HATES ME A BUNCH .. DAMMIT .. RECONSIDER AND PLEASE STAY .. :D :D :D :D :D

King Bull Frog ... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
What are you talking about. WE all love you Sappy! xD :D

Owner
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

vistalize wrote:

He was a Noob in mine
Na he was pretty good in his later days in anni. Guy was Elite for sure, as he could carry a team just with his quick and solid D, as well as his consistent tear down of D, and capping the flag with necro. He wasn't the greatest shot of all time, but he had other traits that made him Elite in my book. To be Elite means that you alone can carry a team, even when put against a team full of good players. There were not many who could do this, like maybe 5-10 out of 100s in all my years in anni. I think it was because he was just so consistent with what the objectives were for him, and his objectives were always team based. If the base needed more D, he got the right D up it needed, if O needed help with pushing, he was out on that field over and over again strait pushing in the area that needed pushing (killing D, killing players, or just being a distraction in general to them wicked shots). His mind set for the game was just solid, which isn't something most players have. Like taking a second to stop and think about what really needs to be done on the battle field to pull the win, instead of getting so mind set and focused in your FOV (tunnel vision). This stuff was just natural for him, which is some leadership qualities in a team if I ever seen them.

But back to topic. No one ever quits Tribes (we just take breaks), but don't worry Jerry, I will do my best to make sure you have a place to come back to even if it is years from now. :-)

I'm starting to train the next batch of good players for this new generation (as well as retrain my self), so hopefully you will have some good guys to school on when you do return for some fun games. This is my First week back after a good year break, and as always, it's good to be home (in my home game, the original multiplayer game for me too). :-)