FireSiege - new mod announcement.

BlackSheep

Re: FireSiege - new mod announcement.

Post by BlackSheep »

Awesome ideas I'm looking forward to playing this. Is this the same FireSiege mod from before? You had some badass weapon mounts in there
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Bah.. fuck me sorry accounts were disable while testing website code. fixed** now.
Dark, gladly have you test.

It is but isn't the same mod, firesiege the first time around was well before firefall and that, it's about the same "platform" to build on but much of the actual items/ideas are gone.
It's a "new" mod in terms of code not of name, i just really like the name lol.

I do have +]-[+WOG+ hooking up an old pc that has probably the last copy of the original mod on it since he's the only guy i gave it to, But it's an 8 year old Dell so who knows what will come of that. If i'm able to regain that old code things will move much faster, but right now i'm looking at changes by the week not by the day.

**maybe
BlackSheep

Post by BlackSheep »

Wow! In contact with WOG huh its good to hear such an old name, I wonder if he has the old {ATF} mod too?! You should convince him to come be a part of the community
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

I never lost touch with +]-[+WOG+ or +]-[+HaWk+ thankfully, Still have wog on steam and hawk on FB so thats cool. Orion, ReBeL and DaRk just got a hold of me on g-mail which is why i came back to T1, lotta old faces brought back a love i had for this game i thought was gone. I've still got {ATF} mod and i think theexiled host a copy of it, not sure they are the same.

Anyhow.. Still need 2 more testers for this saturday @ 9pm est, Fixious and myself will be there trying to break shit so come help us.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Found a copy of FireSiege the original from 2005 worst & i wrote, will take what i've done so far on the new stuff and pop it into the old mod, The old FireSiege being used has the most stable systems ever made for this game in place already so that should cut down on coding time by A LOT. Maybe able to release a build before 2014 now :)
The following is the notes Worst & I kept while coding the original mod, Enjoy.

Added T-Mail.cs

Added Logging.cs

Added Client::trimIP() - Admin.cs

Added ban() - Admin.cs

Added Admin::Exploit() - Admin.cs

Added kick() - Admin.cs

Added String::containsCrash() - comchat.cs

Added AdminLogins() - Admin.cs

Added Log::Admin() - Logging.cs

Added Log::Connection() - Logging.cs

Added Log::Message() - Logging.cs

Changed remoteAdminPassword() To Not Work - Admin.cs

Added newExport() - Logging.cs

Added String::length() - comchat.cs

Added Crash Protection - comchat.cs

Added String::checkForCommand() - comchat.cs

Added Connection Spam Protection - server.cs

Added MultiConnection Protection - server.cs

Added Client::getNumConnections() - server.cs

Added client::removePort() - server.cs

Added Log::Exploit() - Logging.cs

Added Admin Protection - Admin.cs

Added Tab Menu Exploit Protection - Admin.cs (remoteMenuSelect)

Added Team Damage Protection - Players.cs

Added $modName = ""; To The Top Of Admin.cs For Easier Changing, Log Files Are Called: $modName@"_LogType.log"

Added 4 Admin Types - Admin.cs (public, super, master, owner)

Added !sad Command - Comchat.cs

Added !credits Command - Comchat.cs

Added !version Command - Comchat.cs

Added !stats Command - Comchat.cs

Added Permanent Ban Option (Forever Really) - Admin.cs

Added Temporary Ban Option (1 Week) - Admin.cs

Added Clan Match System (Pain In The Ass) - Admin.cs, Comchat.cs, Server.cs, Game.cs, Objectives.cs

Added Tribes Email - Admin.cs, TMail.cs

Added client::getAdminLevel() - Admin.cs

Added Manipulation Options - Admin.cs, Player.cs, Server.cs, Game.cs, Objectives.cs

Added code that allows you to manipulate/kick/ban someone only if they are a lower admin then you, or not an admin at all. - Admin.cs

Coded a possess option that works 100%. You control the players weapons, and their client. They can't kill themselves, and you can't kill yourself while you are possessing them. They can't get out of possession either. If they are killed, or they drop from the server while you are possessing them, the possession is ended and you are returned to your client, and they are returned to theres, so there are no client conflicts.

Added AdminStatus Menu (Admin and De-Admin People Too Levels Lower Then Your Admin Status) - Admin.cs

Added 2 More Manipulation Options - Admin.cs

Fixed Another Exploit - Admin.cs

Added client::wPort() - Admin.cs

Added My Team Damage Code In Player.cs

Added ClanMatch Code In Objectives.cs, Server.cs, Admin.cs and Game.cs

Added Possession Related Things In Item.cs

Replaced Menu.cs with secureBase's Menu.cs

Added the FireSiege.cs

Added the FireWorks.cs For Use In Admin.cs

Added LifeTime Stats and Server Ranking

Added Sparkle Flag FX

Added Electric Web

Fixed ScoreSheet (Objective.cs)

Added "HelpDesk" For New Players - !help

Added 5 New Armors & Functions

Added 36 New Weapons & Fire Functions (Some as test only)

Added 24 New Packs & Functions (Some as test only)

Added 10 New ID Packs For Visual FX

Added 14 New DamageTypes, Visual FX Functions & Damage Functions

Added 6 New Mine Types & New Mine To Class Codes

Added 6 New Grenades Types, Grenade Functions & New Grenade To class Codes

Added 6 New Beacon Types, Beacon Functions & New Beacon To class Codes

Added Over 100 NEW Projectiles

Added Over 100 NEW Explosion Tags

Added 6 ELF Functions (Some as test only)

Recoded & Added "Tactical Editor" Now Named "Editor++" From Our Mod PaintBall.v.Tactical (18 Files)

Added A New Emitter Nuke Explosion Method (BoomBoom.cs)

Added Functions.cs For Random Non-Base Functions

Wrote "FireSiege Help" as opposed to regular bottom print for item descriptions

Wrote 3 "Velocity" Functions (Functions.cs)

Wrote 8 "Vector" Functions (Functions.cs)

Wrote 3 "Position" Functions (Functions.cs)

Wrote 2 Math "Triangle" Functions (Functions.cs)

Wrote 6 "Shell Ejection" FX Functions (Functions.cs)

Wrote A Single Function To Handle Doors Opening & Closing (Functions.cs)

Wrote/ReWrote 3 New/Old Inventory/Buy Functions For The New Inventory System (Functions.cs)

Wrote 3 New Top,Center,Bottom Message Functions for Team Only Use (Functions.cs)

Wrote 7 Miscelany Functions Used For Player/Projectile pre and post fire Manipulation (Functions.cs)

Wrote A New Deploy System (Functions.cs) 15 Functions

Wrote A New Un-Deploy System

Wrote 76 New Death Message For DamageTypes (Game.cs)

Rewrote Spawn Routines & initial Mission Drop For New Spawn System (Game.cs)

Added Spawn Menu To Admin.cs

Added "PSkin" (Game.cs)

Added Meteroiod Functions (Weather.cs)

Added Meteroiod Death Messages (Game.cs)

Wrote New Enter & Leave Mission Area Routines

Updated Several Functions In Item.cs To work With the New Inventory System

Wrote Countless New Functions In Item.cs (Seriously Couldn't Count them all)

Wrote A New Weapon Indexing Next/Prev Function & Added VNext/VPrev For Vehicle Weapon Switching (Item.cs)

Wrote A Vector Function For Projectile Placement (Item.cs)

Wrote A New Mission::reinitData() Function & recountitem(%itemname) For It (Item.cs) Much easier On The Modder & Server This Way no Wasted CPU

Wrote 4 New SoundProfiles To Manipulate Many Sounds (nsound.cs)

Wrote Countless New Sounds For Better Experience (nsound.cs)

Tweaked Score Sheet (Objectives.cs)

Tweaked Observer.cs For A Few Admin Options And Player Item Functions

Wrote New Vector/Velocity Function For Jet Smoke Code (Player.cs)

Wrote Jet Pack Loop Codes For Added Armor FX (Player.cs)

Wrote Smoke Blocks For Each armor (Player.cs)

Wrote A New Function To Mimic (Spawn::Projectile) (Player.cs)

Wrote And Tweaked Many functions In Player.cs dealing with damage effects

Tweaked Server.cs For Many Functions

Added TrailLoop.cs For Post Projectile Manipulation

Wrote Vehicle Weapon Functions For Multiple Vehicle Weapons And Index (Vehicle.cs)

Added Passenger Weapons To HAPC & LAPC "Artillery Cannon" & "Cannon"

Wrote 2 New Functions 1 Vector And 1 Transform To Make Up For A Slight Aim Offset Caused By Barrel FX :)

Coded New Guard Turret The Turret Will Only Target Players With The Flag Mounted :)

Wrote 6 New Turrets, Each Targets Only One Class Of Player

Added Ground Control Deployable (Massive Outpost)

Added Fleet Command Deployable (Massivex2 Flying fortress)

ReCoded & Added "Sniper Outpost" From Snipers.v.Tactical

ReCoded & Added "Remote Base" From Hybrid 2K4

ReCoded & Added "Sky Base" From Hybrid 2K4

ReCoded & Added "Shield Beacon" From VX6 Elite Shields Against Meteoroids :) 100m Range

ReCoded & Added "Dooms Day Device" From _RaMpAgE_

Added Touch Function For Light Classes, If A Light Armor Touches a Enemy turret You Are Able to Make It Your Teams Turret For X ammount of time

Added Touch Functions for Medium Classes, If They Touch a Turret Of Their Teams It Will Repair or if the person touches a team turret that got hacked, you can bring it back to your possession

Added Touch function For Heavy Classes, Hand To Hand Combat!

Added Many "Safty Devices" To Weapons I Thought Might Get Over Used, many judge LOS and has set distances you have to be at to fire

Added Barrier Pack, UnDestroyable Terrain Only Item, Should Help D Players ALOT, Cannot Deploy On Top Of Eachother, But You Can Deploy Items On Them :)

Added BlastWall, 75Damage Points Does Not Open, Stronger Then Force Fields And Opening Blast Doors

Added BlastDoor, 50Damage Points Opens/Closes

Added Barrel Smoke FX, I owned Tribes.

Wrote Badwords Plus Feature. 64 Words Are Censored. Using Nouns/Adjectives. Must have a certain noun and adjective combo for this to take effect, Go Ahead Say +]-[+ Sucks :) You will Pay.

Finished Player Damage Type Effects, Each Damage Type Has It's Own Unique Effect On The Victim

Coded Health Device, Slowly Heals ANYTHING on YOUR Team In A 55m Radius

Coded Cloak Device, Cloaks Everything in a 55m radius

Coded EMP Flux Device, Sets The Enemy Players Energy Lever to 0 while in the 45m radius, Making it unable to flay or fire weapons

Coded 3 Force Field Doors, 4x8-4x14-4x17 Each With 1000 points of damage, making them stronger then blast walls/doors by 250 points

Coded the Base Alarm, When an enemy player steps within its 15m radius it will alert the team, when destroyed it will do the same, keep track of the numbers to know which was triggered

Added Auto Load Out to station code(Kill Mart as im calling it), now when you set favs twice on one fav block # the next time you colide with a station it will auto buy that loadout for you, great for egineers.

Added *IX*Savage's Station Ejection Code

ReCoded Light Class Armors To Now Use ANY Inventory Station, Friendly OR Enemy

Added The NEW energy to projectile usage system

Added my Multiple Packs Code For Medium Classes, this means Egineer can carry multiple packs but only of the same type and only selected deployables. Different amounts can be set per Dep.

Wrote an "UnDeploy" function, what this does is say you deploy 1 sentry turret for example, if you have no pack and you look at the newly deployed sentry and press the 'use pack' button it will undeploy the turret and give it back to you :) works on many things so try it out 0wNt

ReCoded Player::OnKill, so now when a player dies it will blow them to pieces and then add damaging debris, as if you were to kill a turret or other static shape, those brown debris clouds that harm now come out of players.

Remade Flag Thrower, when the flag mounts you get a gun to shoot the flag exactly like a bullet based weapon. You CANNOT unmount or switch weapons when you have the flag :) The flag thrower also has its own return time, which is 10 seconds less then regular(30 secs) Might make it a server option.

Made "Tank" weapons unswitchable/undropable, so when your a passenger in a vehicle you have no choice but to use what i've given you.

Made Object burn/effect codes, now you can light shit on fire!
lil Tigga {OZ}

Post by lil Tigga {OZ} »

Armageddon wrote:Tons of systems updated and over hauled today,

admin - rewrite
server protection - write/rewrite
Inventory system - updated/rewrite
Weapon prev/next - updated/rewrite
Stations - updated/rewrite
Bug kills Bug kills
Bug kills Bug kills
Bug kills Bug kills

These are the basic parts within each part are things like the clan match system, 1v1 duel system, Obs mode system, stat tracking, clan stat tracking, match stat tracking, logging of all sorts, T-Mail, ranking system.. etc etc Didn't think it would come back so quickly.

Best part of the night was this

That flag moving with the planned 5 FULLY functional deployable bases(2 coded so far) should make every map very interesting.
they had this class in nappy made games very interesting lol
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Yeah that is based on the Nappy flag mover but I've modified it more so that unlike in nappy when a flag is returned it goes to the original flag position, mine will return to the last known position and track up to 4 stands. So say you deploy 4 flag stands and the flag was last placed on #4 but #4 was then blown up, the flag will then return to stand #3 automagically and so on until no stands but the original are available.

Sadly i dout this will make it into a release as i'm trying to make CTF more like firefall's "JetBall" game type, my flag thrower code will come in pretty handy finally. Grabs/passes/catches/goals/returns all with a flag that acts like a grenade/mortar type projectile, should really spice up CTF.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Armageddon wrote:automagically
My new favorite word.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Pretty fucking shocked but http://www.firefallthegame.com/news/com ... r-9th-2013 FireSiege gets a mention from the FireFall guys :)