Re: FireSiege - new mod announcement.

Post by blankgirl »

Arm, tell me more about "JetBall"
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Very nice stuff arm!! I'll have to hop on sometime and check this out.

And I never did play the Jet Ball mode after it was introduced. Heard it was pretty fun though.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

JetBall is something like Quidditch in tribes. The idea was brought up by Fixious a pretty long time ago over at legions overdrive and i always thought some sport type game play besides football mod would be pretty cool. I had started a mod for T1 pretty soon after called HyperBall where my Flag thrower code was made but i never took it any farther.

The idea is to have 1 flag object that both teams are fighting for placed at the center of each map with goals set where normal team flags are usually at.
Once a player grabs the flag it mounts the ball cannon that when fired shoots the flag like a grenade projectile which will allow for passing if shot to a team mate or scoring for points if shot at an enemy goal.
All points will be made with shots, a player will not be able to walk the ball into the goal for points, if they do try that death will follow and the ball will reset.

Right now the ball cannon is complete, but i have a ton left to do on this so it will probably come much later after the mod itself is stable and finished.

The problems i have to deal with now is how the ball acts (Passes/Interceptions/goals) when it triggers an event.
Tackle and stripping the ball also needs thought out.
Also the center spawning might require maps to be fooled with and then the goals trigger will also need finished.
Chances are i'll be talking to Taserman to see if i can use football mod as a base since a lot of the things i need are somewhat there.

It's a pretty big task but it's not high on the list.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

That's essentially Team Rabbit, no?
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Yes and no,
Flag passing is the objective in TR where as jet ball is played more like hockey.
lil Tigga {OZ}

Post by lil Tigga {OZ} »

i like hockey
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Armageddon wrote:Yes and no,
Flag passing is the objective in TR where as jet ball is played more like hockey.
Isn't that essentially still like CTF? Aside of the fact that there's only one, "flag" to capture? X_X
justR

Post by justR »

lil Tigga {OZ} wrote:i like hockey
I miss playing with you in pubs :]
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

damn get off his dick already.
EvilTree{OZ}
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Lawlz wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Yes and no,
Isn't that essentially still like CTF? Aside of the fact that there's only one, "flag" to capture? X_X
I'd say not at all really, in CTF each team has to control the enemy flag and in JB you are all fighting for one flag sets it apart straight away. In CTF you have to bring the enemy flag to your flag where as in JB you have to take the flag to the enemy goal. In CTF all you do is touch the flag while holding a flag to score, In JB you have to shoot the flag into a Goal/Net area to score.

The only things that are still "essentially" the same are Both have a "Flag" objective and both need players.
The gameplay is almost reversed, In CTF you return to your flag once you have a flag. In JB you have to rush to the enemies side to get into a scoring range.
Deffence will be non-existent besides a few players that may hang back near the goal area, Deployables are very limited, only 2 turrets exist - Multi Turrets and the Heavy turret both are carried by only one class. The mod and game mode focus on gun play, skill and maneuverability not set it and forget it turret farming.