[Mission] Gaming Forums

SGT ROCK

Re: [Mission] Gaming Forums

Post by SGT ROCK »

I dunno but Shift's thoughts on the installer will ring true with some potential players I'd think. After reading Damaster's thoughts on it I can see why you would want to use it. Perhaps if you could show the installer/program has been scanned and virus free it would alleviate those concerns. I liked the way Crow set me up with a simple zipped client, simple easy but again I defer to the more knowledgeable on the subject.

I'll give this a shot and others can amend or write their own, using yours as a template... sorta.

feel free to edit as you see fit...

Tribes, hailed as an one of the best first person shooters ever produced was introduced in 1998 and thrived for many years, and still has a great community. We are trying to expand the current community and bring back veterans of the game who may not know it's still around. Game play is fast and exciting with an awesome assortment of armors, weapons, vehicles, sounds, deployables and best of all, now FREE TO PLAY AND FREE TO DOWNLOAD, so dont miss out on all the Shazbot, get IN the game. Several NEW features have been added to this version including enhanced graphics and professional configuration, this install will put you in the game and set you up to compete with today's battle tested veterans. Tribes has a wide selection of mods, servers, game play styles, custom made maps, and much much more to keep you entertained and lets not forget that jet pack! Try your aim on the Annihilation Mod it's like Tribes on steroids !!! So check it out, if you're getting bored of playing the same old games over and over, LEVEL UP and take to the air in TRIBES! This is an online only game so come join us and have some fun, FREE, FREE to DOWNLOAD, NO server fees, no subscription and did we say .... IT"S FREE !!! "Come get some!!!"
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

the problem is you cannot include link/screenshot (proof) of the some free online virus scanner in the installer, because you already uploaded that file (installer) & shared it, so you can't alter its content. if you would let's say first upload it to the virus scanner site and later update installer with proof it would trigger users attention and he most likely wouldn't use it because he'd find it suspicious. even if you theoretically included the proof it would automatically elevate users attention and suspicion (because most people have never heard or used such sites and find them untrustable) which would again lower % of people using the config. you could provide "proof" when posting config in a thread, but people are going to spread it beyond forums and are just going to provide the link/file for download to their friends.

i guess the best way would be to post a thread w/ proof and later upload the config with reference to the thread, but then again who's going to read some unimportant forum ramblings (from newcomers perspective) when they have whole installer with no extra requirements.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

D4M45T3R wrote:shift is wrong on most of the points.
ohhh i had already known this, i was just going to leave it unspoken. lol

Though a picture of the keyboard, with a description of the stock keybinds actually good idea. Sort of like a Legend on what the keybinds are out of box, with a description for some of them, like beacons in Annihilation.

The HQ/HD is more for existing players tbh, and I could do two version one with and one without. The HQ version is just what it sounds like. A stock tribes pretty much without the base texture plugin. The base texture plugin does have flaws. The main one being it crashes more often than a build without it. I could idle in the server np for a full day on a build without the hrfixfix, but with it, ill randomly crash throughout the day. So the main point of the HQ build is to have a build without the hrfixfix plugin. The crashes arnt too bad for me personally, and I can normally get in a few maps before it happens. Maybe having 3 builds for existing players might be the best idea. One with HD, one with HD + no base textures, and one with HQ (stripped all the stuff I had mentioned before, giving a more pure look too it, but still having the weapon / player / sky / terrain skins to pump up the looks). The updated HQ build has been requested a few times in game. I have one released already, but it doesn't have any of the terrains.

Also with scriptGL groove has mentioned it gives problems on some pc's, so I avoided using it in my builds.

Thought I would still be very interested in what you do come up with.

I personally love the HD setup, but damnnnnnn the crashes that happen at random in game. Also two bugs I've noticed over time (while playing for a prolonged time). Objects will turn white, and have no textures. Also shadow/lighting will break over time, and become crazy huge for some reason.
hanahana

Post by hanahana »

I am in...I will post about this
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

No you won't, you slutty little spam bot.
avinash1990

Post by avinash1990 »

Good information!!