Truck caps

perrinoia
Site Admin

Truck caps

Post by perrinoia »

I have a 2018 ford f150 supercrew cab with a 5.5' cargo bed. I want to protect my cargo from most of the elements and strap my inflatable paddle board on the roof.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with my online searching, I'm guessing due to compatibility with mobile browsers.

Some of the websites have rollover popup menus that are incompatible with touchscreens. Some ask for your zip code, but attempt to auto complete as you type.

For instance, i type 0, it displays 00000. I then type 2, and it displays 00200. I type 8 and it displays 00_00. Etc...

Another website accepted my zip code without trouble, but continued loading results indefinitely.

Any who. I'm sure some of you have trucks and might be able to recommend a product/brand/website.
Erowid
Site Admin

Re: Truck caps

Post by Erowid »

I like my Lund roll up tonneau. I think it was like $300.
Cheap, easy to use, looks good.

KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I don't use a bed cover due to using a full bed rack, but if I was to use one, I'd recommend what Erowid mentioned due to using one in the past to cover my bed after cutting through the bed and cab to install a stereo cabinet with 2-15" sub's, running off a Rockford Fosgate Power 300 amp. They also make one that is not a soft cover, but a fiberglass cover that locks, which is what I ended up swapping to later. It worked out well, due to being able to attach pin switches to it that were hooked into my alarm system.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Neither of those provide a solution for mounting a paddleboard on the roof that is twice as long as the cargo bed.

Also, my car is almost always parked in a lot with a security guard/parking attendant, so i don't think i need to worry about alarms.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

That's why I don't use either anymore....I use a full bed rack in which I can attach my 14 foot kayak.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. I've got a giant plastic bin in the cargo bed to keep stuff some what weather proof, but still need a rack for my paddleboard.

Any recommendations? I'm leasing, so i can't make permanent modifications.