Crow{OZ}

Project Z

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

http://wiki.fps-z.com/index.php?title=Project_Z

anyone have any good info on this?
Fixious

Re: Project Z

Post by Fixious »

I put that wiki together based on what others said who saw/played it at PAX this past summer. Any specific questions?

I'm not part of the team or anything. I just keep up with it.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

ahhhhh no shit. alright. yea i was just wondering if there was like any videos or something. still in the early stages i see though.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Yeah. They'll be showing more stuff in January. Currently taking a break from showing off concept art. I'd say the engine switch earlier this year put them back a few months, but it sounds like it was for the better.

A lot of people switched from Unity to UE4 after they revealed source access + subscription system it seems.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

cool cool. i play firefall sometimes when im bored, and this looks like it could be funner. they keep changing shit in firefall breaking the pvp system. argh!! well not breaking, but making a person like me have grind more to get the new shit.

fps-z page looks good btw. been a while since i looked at it.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

bleh, played firefall during closed beta from time to time. spent quite a while crafting and converting crap to make better weapons. took a break, came back to see they changed it all, making everything i did a waste of time. oh well, beta is beta. not expecting firefall to really ever take off. their previous ceo was nuts.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

yep, i was in the same boat too lol. i honestly just play it because i have crew on there that i played comp global agenda with.

i like all the fps-z games. legions was probably the only one i never played. by the time i wanted to give it a go it had already died down.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

yeah. legions is a pretty sad story. started writing up something similar to 'starsiege tribes - 16 year on' for it recently, but not sure when/if i'll finish it. unfortunate that the 1.4 update didn't keep people interested nearly as long as planned. licensing/IAC had a big part in things.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

global assault is another one im looking forward to. i really loved global agenda, and led the biggest comp clan on the game with 3 other guys. by the time the game had finally died down we had won 60/70+ seasons of clan vs clan games. a season lasted 2 weeks, and it was pretty much all the clans in the game would duke it out for territory on a map. it was fun for it's time, and even better if you had a good clan / crew to play with.

Fixious

Post by Fixious »