Just a new channel to promote Tribes......

KILROY

Just a new channel to promote Tribes......

Post by KILROY »

This was a website to created by {-o-}Plasmatic and <!>AnubiS^ to help promote Tribes to any of the new generation:

http://www.tribes0.com
Forke

Re: Just a new channel to promote Tribes......

Post by Forke »

Awesome. I was thinking of doing something similar.... this looks better than anything I would have made. Plaster it around!

Reddit often has oldschool game revival threads.... might help if someone has a reddit account.
Tristanter

Post by Tristanter »

From now to the present, the future.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

What happened to the downloads and videos page?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Hmm, not sure. Sent Anubis a PM on the Pushbiscuit forum to find out.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Downloads page is there (it's the 'FREE TO PLAY' image).

http://www.tribes0.com/download.php
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, that only has the full game links.
I'm looking for his scripts, tutorials, videos, etc...
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

This is what Azul said. The site is basically to help promote Tribes and for a free download of the game for any new players, or if a player loses their copy. The links associated with the site are for exploring for the things associated with Tribes.

EDIT: Sorry it wasn't Azul, it was Anubis.
Last edited by KILROY on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

tribes0.com used to have a lot of interesting tribes videos and downloads like tribes vengeance mod. It took me awhile on google going through old sites with broken links to find some of those things again and others are gone forever it seems.

In any case I think it's difficult to promote such an old game when the truth is that new players won't even be getting to play the original game with others with just the basic simple three armors and easy to pick up game play.

What they will see instead is two active servers. One is Annihilation mod and they will probably be overwhelmed and also facerolled from the get go and the other is a tribes LT server which actually has an even more elitist attitude and on the weekend nights will probably be hosting a pick up match where anyone new won't be picked to play.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Death666 wrote:tribes0.com used to have a lot of interesting tribes videos and downloads like tribes vengeance mod. It took me awhile on google going through old sites with broken links to find some of those things again and others are gone forever it seems.

In any case I think it's difficult to promote such an old game when the truth is that new players won't even be getting to play the original game with others with just the basic simple three armors and easy to pick up game play.

What they will see instead is two active servers. One is Annihilation mod and they will probably be overwhelmed and also facerolled from the get go and the other is a tribes LT server which actually has an even more elitist attitude and on the weekend nights will probably be hosting a pick up match where anyone new won't be picked to play.

Death666, those were pretty much my exact words on the Pushbiscuit forum with the issue between 2Strong and myself, and you just confirmed them. That thread poll was posted in the wrong spot on the forum and he may have been thinking one thing, but didn't post all the details on what he was polling for. As for S@ND now re-hosting his servers, I've been watching them and no one has played on them, except 2Strong himself, which was my reasoning for some of the statements I made later. What you just confirmed here is basically the mindset of the currently ongoing Tribes Community, which is why we are NOT seeing any new players, or if we do, they don't stick around long enough to learn the game. It's sad to see this happen, Tribes is one of the best online team warfare games I've ever played. In the beginning, there used to be people that would take others into a server and teach them the basic's and some of the tricks they knew. You don't see this happen anymore which is one of the reasons Tribes is what it is now. Old school players, playing against each other.

EDIT: I myself have obs'd the Anni server and watched others play. Some still use cheats to play, which is sad to see. I play on the PU server under another name, and yes, you are correct there are some very good and old school players on the PU server.