*SPAWN* Devil here, Anything new,Shall we do some new bases?

Devil

*SPAWN* Devil here, Anything new,Shall we do some new bases?

Post by Devil »

Hey all *SPAWN* Devil here been playing a bit of tribes lately and was looking how things are doing. I see thers not as many of us as there used to be XD anyways....
:trolol:
i suppose i shouldn't even ask if anybody has been making new stuff cuz tribes live moreless died years ago (and was never adopted) etc etc blah blah.

but i've had a bug for wanting to play tribes and do some mapping and base shape making. I've got 1.4 & 1.41 as well as most of the versions in between now lol. Waiting for some parts to ship in before i can try to gank the files off my old pc (CPR ain't helping that pc, its just so toast lol)

anyways, don't know how frequently i'l stop back to check this out or how long i can devout to making more stuff or patching this that etc mapping modding, etc

Was Nice to run into Death666 & (another who i don't know if i should name modder) good to see perrinoia is still around here too. And i spoke with *SPAWN*akuma a week ago ^^ Was contemplating a reunion of sorts :)
:taunt:
Devil

Re: *SPAWN* Devil here, Anything new,Shall we do some new ba

Post by Devil »

Also i was thinking since it seems that the modified engine of 1.4x seens to like PNG skin files now was there any that you might like?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Sup, Devil?!

Every once in awhile, someone posts a new map, but they are always server side.

No one bothers to make client side stuff anymore...

What's your opinion on using function htmlopen to get clients to download client side stuff?
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Good to see you again. We really should make some stuff. Have you talked to Gothmogs or The Void lately?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

WOW DDevil himself :twisted: Saw you hosting a couple of Non-dedicated servers for the past few days, where you trying out some new stuff or just trying to get your feet planted with getting used to the game again?
Devil

Post by Devil »

I don't have my toolchain or anything ready to make some bases etc, but that is what i would liek to do, i have a couple bases etc that i hadn't released, i was also thinking of making a new tribes live, or just a pub share ftp for peeps to grab new stuff. i duno. i want to spend time on tribes but i don't have the time sorta speak. not sur eif i can recover all the new stuff i built, none of it seems to be out there in the domain so i gata rebuild my old pc thats fubar and see if i can get the buildings off of it. XD i did love some of them for pvp quite well 1 was more for long term another 2 more for melee combat missions
I also got some parts in the mail so i can recover some of my old stuff, not sure what sorta chance i might have since the old pc was so fubar. i'm hoping decent since the TL server host is dead and i don't want to pester Zigzag if hes got the files by chance.
:drinkz:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

How do you feel about adding starsiege client side shapes to tribes? No file conversion necessary, as I understand.

Unfortunately, I can't get starsiege to install on Windows 10.
Devil

Post by Devil »

woa starseige, now theres one i never touched, we're talking about that mech version right?
Devil

Post by Devil »

Also my current plans are to perhaps reroll a tribes live (or equivalent setup maybe a plain old ftp for files) just to take the hassle outa of joining a server. maybe the easiest way would be to have it launch tribes after its patched everything. But i'm toying with an old idea i almost setup for tribes live ages ago where it hashes a crc of every file, so say you got 9 versions of raindance terrain files. Boom! no problem it sees your going to a server thats got version 8 of it or hashed tag 92364923 cuz some one modded a copy of X or X's copy of mod's Y. yea this was the plan for tribes live ages ago but with not so many of us left i was thinking a ftp might be the way to go. An just keep it structured for mods, ie everything has a new name, so if i go off and mod a terain of raindance, everybody's doesn't get F'd So i was thinking a read only dump sorta speal, you upload stuff to the ftp it'l copy over if its not already exsisting, errrr... scratch that still to complicated, really wish i setup TL to do it by hash's instead of a update package system. Worst decision ever XD
Devil

Post by Devil »

Also as a insight to what i'm up to, i wanted to eventually do a reunion of sorts of old school tribes players esp spawn and related. but i wanted to put together maybe some new stuff to play esp for the community. As such i'm recovering and transfering things off my old computer, 8 drives, totaling~1 tb only 1 of 8 drives complete after ~5 days lol. in the interim i'm piecing the folders together to get a tool-chain setup again since i'd aim for a 1.4x i'm also looking at options to convert (if i can) the old maps etc via a (hopefully) easy batch operation to the 1.4 format as vol's are no longer the thing(to my delightful surprise).