OZ vs LM Scrimmage Results 1

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: OZ vs LM Scrimmage Results 1

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

ahhh and i just finished reading the rest of your post. do you mean to say your angel scouting skills is better than 4 oz? could be though honestly, but then the question remains, are your aiming skills good enough to get a los target on an object moving 300+ mph. also with the ability to make a drastic change left or right with just a little thrust power after the oob bounce.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Considering your assumption that I'd be targeting him from the side... Yes... I'm definitely better at hunting Rogue Angels than you.

The trick is to minimize the target area, by attempting to put yourself in the target's path. If you're trying to body block, then that's all you have to do... But if you're trying to grab your target's soul, you simply get close to his path, aim parallel to his path, and hold your trigger until he gets zapped. Wash, rinse, repeat, until he's dead.

When I was in *SPAWN*, I attended a private clan practice, where the leader decided to "try something new: Rogue Angel Defense".

Everyone said it was impossible, except me... So I demonstrated. We started 1v1. Spawn only vs me in Angel. My opponent could not get in my base, because I would either body block him or toss a grenade at him and knock him off course. Since angel's touch effect is to pick-pockets, I never ran out of grenades, mines, or beacons, and my opponent was constantly frustrated at his lack of miscellaneous items.

We eventually added more and more opponents, and even let them use stations, after awhile, until one finally managed to get into my base. While he was in my base, I stole his flag, and continued flying around between the bases tormenting them.

If I recall, it was 6v1, I never died, and they never capped.

They started deploying turrets on the terrain and the exterior of their base, so I flew higher than the turret's range and dropped bombs on them.

Rogue Angel is a very powerful armor, if you know how to use it, and I don't think the OZ clan has ever seriously given it a try.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:Considering your assumption that I'd be targeting him from the side... Yes... I'm definitely better at hunting Rogue Angels than you.

The trick is to minimize the target area, by attempting to put yourself in the target's path. If you're trying to body block, then that's all you have to do... But if you're trying to grab your target's soul, you simply get close to his path, aim parallel to his path, and hold your trigger until he gets zapped. Wash, rinse, repeat, until he's dead.

When I was in *SPAWN*, I attended a private clan practice, where the leader decided to "try something new: Rogue Angel Defense".

Everyone said it was impossible, except me... So I demonstrated. We started 1v1. Spawn only vs me in Angel. My opponent could not get in my base, because I would either body block him or toss a grenade at him and knock him off course. Since angel's touch effect is to pick-pockets, I never ran out of grenades, mines, or beacons, and my opponent was constantly frustrated at his lack of miscellaneous items.

We eventually added more and more opponents, and even let them use stations, after awhile, until one finally managed to get into my base. While he was in my base, I stole his flag, and continued flying around between the bases tormenting them.

If I recall, it was 6v1, I never died, and they never capped.

They started deploying turrets on the terrain and the exterior of their base, so I flew higher than the turret's range and dropped bombs on them.

Rogue Angel is a very powerful armor, if you know how to use it, and I don't think the OZ clan has ever seriously given it a try.
wait which part were you serious about in this? the ezest way to prove your theory is testing it on stone henge and seeing if you could kill a target so high in the air shit stops registering. dont take the strat lightly lol.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

None of what I said in that post has anything to do with the altitudes where scientific notation is used and vehicles get stuck.

In a previous post, however, I mentioned that it wouldn't be a bad idea to drop the flag if your z coordinate contained the letter E.

In fact, it wouldn't be a bad idea to use that as a vertical mission area boundary, in general...

Periodically (at least 3 times per second) check every player's z coordinate for the letter E, if found, set them as OOB and invert their velocity. Etc...

This way, if they don't immediately bounce back into the registered world, they will drop the flag, just like if they went too far on any compass heading.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

I mean..disabling the OOB bounce like someone mentioned earlier is a pretty easy fix to this situation. This at least forces it to where only Angels can really do it instead of anyone.

inb4 people bitch that they can't super accelerate on titan's.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Lawlz wrote:I mean..disabling the OOB bounce like someone mentioned earlier is a pretty easy fix to this situation. This at least forces it to where only Angels can really do it instead of anyone.

inb4 people bitch that they can't super accelerate on titan's.
I am in favor for disabling the bounce; Lawls already put's too much strain on server with all that mass physics calculation going on. Him hitting the boundary would be its downfall. :trolol:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I dislike the idea of disabling bouncy boundaries.

Even with them on, people still find a way to go OOB and snipe me... Plus, I use OOB bouncing for speed capping...

I feel like everyone does... In Annihilation.
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

i like the bounce also
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

yea bounce would never go anywhere. that would be no real fix to the issue. in the bud scrim they used the bounce + warrior to raise the flag, but the same could be done with angel and flying strait up.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Personally, if I'm going to scuttle a flag, I'd go beneath the terrain, anyway... It's easier to fall to oblivion than fly there.