OZ vs LM Scrimmage Results 1

DaRk

Re: OZ vs LM Scrimmage Results 1

Post by DaRk »

You must of missed the part where he was rogue. I spotted him in the corner of the map hiding by his base. Then he jetted straight up and hid. Also Lawlz, he was hiding too high for that to be effective.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Nah, watch my demo... I flew my observer cam over there to find him, and could still see people walking around the terrain while he was bouncing back and forth past me.

I stayed there for awhile, trying to read his name, and see if he was the one with the flag.

He wasn't even moving that fast... Any OZ member could have sniped him if they tried. I'm surprised you didn't, if you knew he was there.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I'll have to show you mine then. He was certainly in angel. His only flag cap came from angel. Maybe what you saw was earlier in the map. I had my sites on him but didn't get my shot of due to my boy pawing at the mouse. I'll post it later when I get to my computer, as well as watch yours.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't think he was hiding in angel... I think he was attempting to speed cap, but got killed before he could cap. He then spawn rushed to where he dropped the flag, then boosted into the air and bounced off of the boundaries repeatedly until he thought it was safe to come back down...

I don't remember if he capped before our after that, but I do know that someone in OZ intentionally dropped his flag to get The Titan to cone out of hiding, and the mission was over shortly after that.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Lawlz wrote:
Erowid wrote:What if we just imposed a height limit on the flag carrier?
Wouldn't that be bad on some maps where you're essentially at a ridiculous height already? :s

If anything just don't allow Angels to hold the flag. Problem pretty much solved. Cause let's be real, no one is picking up the flag off the enemy stand in Angel armor unless the other team is horribly retarded.
Angel is used to bring flags up from the ground on the air maps. A flag height restriction is bad because some air maps are already way up in the air. The main issue is on pubs where someone can easily break the game by taking the flag and jetting so far up in Angel that it takes an admin to return the flag or admin kill them.

People generally don't troll as much in a scrim and will go for the cap if their own flag is dropped or returned. Also you should probably just disable bouncy borders during a scrim.

A scheduled flag fumble after x amount of holding time is probably the easiest fix and the least potentially game breaking. There could also be a message that you're about to drop the flag in x amount of seconds.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Then they'll just look up, so they toss it to themselves.

Again, the best method is for the other team to drop flag, making them think it's safe to come out of hiding.

This is exactly what OZ did during the scrimmage, and it worked flawlessly.

The only reason that wouldn't work is if someone turtles the flag and goes afk.

If there has been no keyboard input for minutes, that's a different story.

At that point, you dropping the player might be a better idea.

But you have to be careful not to make someone who is actively skiing around the map, our building defenses, suddenly drop the flag.

I really dislike the idea of a flag time limit, in general.
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Like i said, just make flags return after X amount of time during a stand off when no flags are dropped, capped, or returned.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Like I said, no!
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Eh, frankly I don't think it's that big of a deal that it really needs a fix anyways. It's not extremely common, it's just annoying when it does happen.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Exactly. A "fix" for this would cause more problems than solutions.

Remember how annoying it was when ghost pack and phase shifter made you randomly drop the flag? It'll be just like that.