Unreal Tournament Free to Download and Play Now

KILROY

Unreal Tournament Free to Download and Play Now

Post by KILROY »

Mentioned this in Firelord's post he just made, but thought I'd make a post on it also, so more can see this. Epic games made this first person and team game back in 1999 called Unreal Tournament. It became very popular due to it's graphics, different types of gameplay, and different weapons to use that the game had. It's still being played today, but this year 2021 Epic games decided to allow a FREE download of the game for play. I paid $65 for it on it's release back in 1999. I don't play it online as much, but I do play it solo quite a bit with bot's in game. Some map's you can play with as many as 32 bot's to play against, or if a team game, 32 bot's PER TEAM! But only if your processor and video settings can handle it. My laptop won't, it will only handle 16 per team, unless I'm on my computer, then it will handle the load. But still a FUN game to play. Enjoy!

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/en-US/
AnniDv6

Re: Unreal Tournament Free to Download and Play Now

Post by AnniDv6 »

I somehow never really play UT back in the day, but I think I will check this out. Basically most people either played tribes, unreal tournament or halo, but not usually more than one.
KILROY

Re: Unreal Tournament Free to Download and Play Now

Post by KILROY »

Ah Halo...that's one you just reminded me of, but I don't think I had that on computer, it was on my Xbox 360, which I haven't played in years. And don't forget your Diablo post. I was hooked on that. Just reloaded it a few days after my response to your post on my computer with Windows 98 to start playing it again before I load DII back up to get used to it.

Now I'm going to give away my age, but before UT I was playing Wolfenstein 3D on a Commodore 64, or Windows 95 computer. The graphics were very cartoon looking and limited, but at the time was the best first person shooter game out there. One of the mod map selections in UT is a makeup of Wolfenstein 3D for gameplay.