Special Clan Appreciation Thread <3 (not just OZ)

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Special Clan Appreciation Thread <3 (not just OZ)

Post by perrinoia »

Hell yeah, Loco... I remember getting my ass handed to me by KWSN. It was awful. We had no chance. But y'all were legit. Not like DicksCrossing.

SOF was the shit, too. SOF Force hosted the community forums back then, but he wanted it to be the forum for everything, not just Tribes, so he invited all of his college buddies to post, and overnight it became some girly bullshit where you couldn't post anything without offending someone. That's where EcKo's sig went down in history.

A few points to clarify, though...

Scavenger made Annihilation 1.0
A team of modders from the {-o-} clan started fixing it up, making it more stable (by removing the borg cube).
{-o-} Sevnn was the head coder and released v1.31 and v1.34.

This is when I discovered the mod and forums and started posting suggestions. They gave me a custom title on the Annihilation forums (Suggestion Bot 100), then I became the first person on the forum to have over 1000 posts, so they updated my title to Suggestion Bot 1000.

{-o-} Plasmatic coded almost all of my suggestions (and some things I hadn't thought of) and released v2.0, v2.1.
Then Scavenger came back from obscurity and read my suggestion for animated drop ships. Previously, everyone had discarded this idea as impossible. They said you can't move InteriorShapes. I called bullshit because I knew they could be moved in the editor, therefor they can be moved in game.

Plasmatic's and Scavenger's collaboration yielded animated dropship deploy sequences and destructible drop ships. They invited me to a private server to preview the new version and I nearly jizzed in my pants.

I don't wanna take too much credit, but the Lonely Island wrote a song about it.

Anywho, Plasmatic released v3.0 and v3.0 beta.
He never posted it publically, but he sent me a copy of v3.1 beta too, which included a bunch of test hacks and stories and shit.

That's the story of the official versions. There have been several versions branched off from that trunk by different clans...

^AU^'s was based on v1.34.
c3j97 based one off of v1.31
Kigen based his off v2.1 (This was the most stable edit ever, and was hosted by [df]).
BR Owner hosted some bastardized version of Kigen's and c3j97's, which took the worst aspects of both versions.
I kept sending BR Owner fixes for his buggy as shit, but he kept breaking it more.
Crow took over and completely recreated the mod. To this day, I can't figure out why his horrendous code works, but it does.
Death666 and I have contributed quite a bit to Crow's version, and that's what y'all are playing today!

I've made quite a few versions of the mod myself, but never released any of them as I'm a perfectionist and none of them are perfect.
I've also been working on my own mod from scratch, but I'll probably never finish that either. Sorry, not sorry.
Nightmare OG

Post by Nightmare OG »

Wow perrin awesome stuff bro. Br Owner hosting that bastardized version. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww i remember when that went live. It was aweful!!!! Man that stuff brings back so many memories lmao
Nightmare OG

Post by Nightmare OG »

this is juicy stuff i could read this with my dinner
KWSN*Loco

Post by KWSN*Loco »

Perrin - I forgot all about Scavenger. I never interacted with him, it seems the developers besides Plas were only around for a relatively short time.

I remember blocking base entrances with drop ships and the other team was basically SOL. Man that’s super old school Perrin. I remember the borg cubes obviously but I forgot we could deploy enormous drop ships.

Simo made a couple of videos that he put on YouTube using whatever bastardized software we had back in the day to take tribes recordings to wmvs. There used to be a ton of Annihilation .recs floating around. I’d be very interested in the files for any demos of Anni. Simos vids were all base but he had some .recs of ridiculous Anni stuff. Talked to him 3 days ago when I sent him and Kid Buu links to this thread.

Hoping a couple other people pop up in this thread. Looking through some stuff I forgot all about SOF Mercury, Kang Ishigo, Xichimos and a couple others. They keep coming back to me as I rack my brain.
Nightmare OG

Post by Nightmare OG »

would be pretty cool to see that stuff.
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

RIP ReV
Sabin

Post by Sabin »

ReV isn't dead
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Sabin wrote:ReV isn't dead
:hpat: sure it's not.