Deployable Cats

blankgirl

Deployable Cats

Post by blankgirl »

I was just playing Bloodbath_2 map on Br. I had deployed several Cats and found one to be blocking the doorway. Upon killing my own Cat, I was awarded 1 point. Thought I'd point it out.

Spanks,

<!>blank
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
S']['U

Re: Deployable Cats

Post by S']['U »

What a deployed cat might look like:

Last edited by S']['U on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Haha... Yeah... Deployable cats actually belong to the enemy team, so they can properly detect chameleons... Funny catch, and easy to fix.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah I noticed that. I could change the class type on pussycats so no points are given for killing them. It also bugs me how you can't see their map name when looking at them. I was thinking about making them a bit larger and made up of two parts, one part being on your team with a visible map name.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's a really good idea... But I have a better one...

Combine them with deployable cameras... No one uses cameras, they are practically useless. They are identical to laser turrets, except they don't shoot lasers.

If combined, you'd have a shape you can look at and see it's name, and an enemy shape that detects enemies. Plus, upon receiving the chameleon detected message, players could remote control the camera associated with that sensor.

We could even make it so players who receive the message can be instructed to use Ctrl+Y (vote yes) to remote control the camera, or Ctrl+N (vote no) to hide the warning message.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Okay, but what's the point. I would rather have someone on my team looking for the chem to kill them than stuck in a camera. Also they detect from pretty far away so the chances of them being right by that pussycat are pretty low.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

The point is, you see the message indicating there is a chameleon in your base, but aren't sure where. You press Ctrl+Y and see what the camera sees. Jump and you're back to controlling yourself.

This way, you'll know where the chameleon is without having to know where each pussy cat was deployed and in what order.