[skin] Skybox 1.41 with autoloader

DaRk

Re: [skin] Skybox 1.41 with autoloader

Post by DaRk »

Last I tried, the center arrow of the hud is coded with the same image as friendly. So if a see any teammdtes, it looks like someone drawing with a Spirograph.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

LOL... I remember that config.

It's pretty easy to remove the green arrow in the middle just by editing the hud overlay image.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Well, it's not removing I need. More that I want to be able to have a semi-transparent view finder overlay on the mnimap like in the ss I posted, without using script gl. If I could code it so the center triangle uses a different image than friendly, then it would be easy to make it overlay. Just not sure where to do that. What I want to do is find where it tells minimap what image to use for the center green arrow and tell it to be different than just being the same images as friendly. Then I could easily just set the overlay as that image. I have yet to find where I can do this, if there is.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh wait... Is it bigger than the other green arrows?
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

radaring.png
radaring.png (16.33 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
IMG_20161207_190446.jpg
IMG_20161207_190446.jpg (24.78 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
This might be a better image of what I'm asking for. I want to have the white outline with the perspective view. Any config I have seen with it takes advantage of ScriptGL to place the image over the MiniMap. I want to avoid using ScriptGL. The default MiniMap in 1.4 uses the same image for the center green arrow as it does for friendlies on the map. The idea is to find out where the script is that links images to self/friendly/foe on the MiniMap. Like how there is a script that links weapon/item sounds to sound files. If I could mark the self image (center green arrow) to use a different image, such as the white overlay in the image above, I would solve my problem and avoid ScriptGL. I have failed to find said script, if it even exists. My other solution would be to create a simple hud that contains only the MiniMap overlay image with possible options to resize it. However, I'm not versed enough to code it myself, or I would. Also, my first solution sounds easier and more logical place to start.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Here's the thing... The green arrow that represents you is NOT a scripted friend/foe indicator... It is a screenshot of one, cropped, and superimposed over the hud overlay image, aka radaring.png.

If you want THAT overlay, simply copy and paste it into your config, overwriting the one you've already got.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I think you misunderstand me. The center green arrow refers to Tribes/base/huds/minimap.friend.png. I know this. That's not the problem. Its the fact that both the self indicator and friend indicator seem to point to the same image. So if I replace it with the image above, it works great. However, when other friendlies come in view is the problem. Then I just have a bunch of circles all over my minimap. Not quit the desired effect. In 1.11 using HudBot, you had hself, and hfriend. You could separate the two. I can't seem to find how to do that in 1.4, so I don't have a bunch of circles dancing around in my MiniMap.

I think its the way MiniMap was coded for 1.4. They made hself and hfriend point to the same images. I'm not sure where they coded this. I'm worried its coded in a .dll or other type of file I wont be able to edit. I'm just trying to think of ways to remedy it without ScriptGL. Maybe a plugin?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh... That's interesting.

If you haven't resolved this when I get back to USA, I'll do some digging around.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Try using a stock leak 1.40

The scripts and huds have been stripped down in that config so you'll have to find one that has the self.png along with N.png s.png etc you'll see them all in the same folder base/huds.

Also when building your own config, even with using someone else's as a base remember to ALWAYS use a stock copy.

Because people's setups are different, hell groove redid the entire shell and menus. I'm pretty sure none of the base files that are supplied in my config actually resemble anything to a default copy.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I'll have to try that out. Even if Groove did remove the hself, or at least coded it different, he could show/tell me how to fix it.

Edit: I looked at about 15 different 1.4 configs today. All have the same issue. Do you have a link to this stock one?