Annihilation Mod PATCH NOTES v3.0 - 5.3 to 6.0

AnniDv6

Annihilation Mod PATCH NOTES v3.0 - 5.3 to 6.0

Post by AnniDv6 »

(3/31/15)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chameleon plastique explosive damage has been reduced. It will now take five to destroy a blast wall or a jump pad.

The message for chameleon pack failure has been changed to make it less ambiguous as to why it's failing.

The warning messages to chameleons for interference levels from deployed pussycats has been changed for the same reason.

The distance that pussycats begin detecting and interfering with chameleon pack has been increased from 25 to 50. It's important to note that the way pussycats are currently coded has their chance of deactivating a chameleons pack based on the distance of the chameleon to the actual pussycat. The closer you get to a deployed pussycat, the higher the chance it has of deactivating your pack.

The penalty damage applied to players for having the ghost pack active has been slightly reduced from 0.05 to 0.03. The warning message given when attempting to turn off the ghost pack while inside a wall has also been changed to be less ambiguous.

The maximum amount of jump pads per team has been increased from 3 to 5.

The vortex turret has been given a 0.01 damage value which will enable it to correctly pull enemy players in again and rarely trigger the vortex turret damage kill messages.

The particle beam turret killer beam fade time has been increased.

The cost of the Irradiation Turret has been reduced from 3050 to 2250 to match the price of a Nuclear Turret and enable builders to purchase them from their beacon inventories which have a default 3000 credits.

Deployed Missile Turrets range have been increased and now have a separate projectile type from map Missile Turrets. Their rockets travel much slower and deal less damage and are easily avoided by players and mobile vehicles, but not hovering vehicles. Their delay after firing has also been increased. The total amount per team has also been decreased to three.

Deployed mortar turrets, plasma turrets and fusion turrets now have a longer range.

edit:
The shockwave cannon kickback has been reset to classic. This chameleon and warrior weapon is mainly used for self boosting as it barely does any damage. You can also boost other players around, but not by much unless they are light armor as well.

Stationtrigger.cs has been reverted for now to fix the zappies not being deleted when mobile inventories die.
Particle Beam fade time has been reduced from 4 seconds to 2.5 seconds
Particle Beam standard beam now has the same fade time.
Phase Disruptor explosion radius has been slightly reduced from 25 to 20.
TurbulenceCTF now has a generator inside the base.

spy assassinate chance and grenade damage boosted heavily:
$AssassinateChance = 50; // 25 -death666 in Armor.cs
damageValue = 20.0; // 2.0 original -death666 in miscMine.cs

Particle Beam standard mode beam is no longer set to detachFromShooter to fix misfire when aiming up or down. Fade time has been reduced back to slightly higher than default to compensate because the beam will follow your crossair after firing without detach.

Laser Turrets beam fade time has been increased from 0.5 to 1.5

Deployed Missile Turrets rockets travel speed has been increased from 25.0 to 45.0 which is still slower than map missile turret rockets at 72.0, but should now be fast enough to actually be a threat to vehicles while slow enough to easily dodge by players who stop jetting. Deployed missile turrets damage and fire rate are also still less than map missile turrets, but they have a higher detection range and the missiles will track you for longer before dying themselves.

Chameleon and Warriors Shockwave Cannon weapon has correctly been updated to the new values. The kickback strength has been increased from the old BR setting of 150.0 to 280.0, default annihilation was 350.0. The muzzle velocity has been decreased from 180.0 to 50.0 and terminal velocity from 100.0 to 50.0 to make it not as viable for door spamming from a distance.

A N N I H I L A T I O N BR
Visit us at http://www.thelandofoz.net/br
now displays as the inventory header message while inside the inventory screen

thelandofoz.net/br now displays for mobile inventory, deployed beacon inventory and airbase inventory names.

Repairing one of your own teams generators, solar panels or mini generators now gives 2 points instead of 1 and also now displays a bottom print message to you only indicating points earned as well as a message in the chat to your teammates to indicate that a generator was repaired.
example:
http://i.imgur.com/7oT0b92.png

When repairing stations, turrets and sensors a bottom print message now displays indicating the point given.
examples:
http://i.imgur.com/iS49dnH.png
http://i.imgur.com/3BiENVk.png
http://i.imgur.com/rB4vdG0.png

The bottom print message displayed to your team when your last or only generator is destroyed has been centered and now plays a need repairs sound. The message is also now delayed to 5 seconds after the power loss.
example:
http://i.imgur.com/z9IMdO2.png

Also note that when you destroy an enemy generator you receive one point, and then if it's the last or only generator they have you receive an additional two points for taking out their power. These bottom print messages play in succession.
example:
http://i.imgur.com/hAxata0.png
http://i.imgur.com/QK7Yl86.png

This should make repairing feel more rewarding even though the points remain the same with the exception of getting one extra point now for generator repairs for a total of two per a generator. It will also make it easier to tell when your teams power is back online.

Repairing any generator will no longer send a message to your whole team.

Only when you or a teammate repairs a generator to the point that it restores your teams power if your team previously had no other generators online will it send a team chat and team bottom print message notifying that power is back online. This message is sent instantly.

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/xVLyKUh.png

Similarly, the notification that your teams power has been taken offline is now instantaneous as well.

You do still receive repair points for repairing generators and the bottom print message for their repair points now correctly specifies the type of generator repaired.

Note that you will still need to repair a generator to full health in order to receive the 2 repair points, but that the team power messages will prompt as soon as the generator is functioning.

Edit:
Known issue:
Maps with team generators in multiple different groups in the .mis file or with objectives that have their own generator will trigger the team generator repair message

Medium pulse sensors will now award a repair point as well, previously only large pulse sensors would.

Destroying both enemy medium and large pulse sensors will now award a point, previously neither would.

The team generator repaired messages will no longer refer to oneself in the third person.

The automated message announcement to your team when you knock the enemy power offline is now red text in the team chat instead of white and will play the enemy generator destroyed .wav to your team.

Vortex turrets range has been slightly reduced from 150 to 110. For reference the bridge on raindance is about 125

Big Crates can now be deployed on walls and ceilings as well as the floor.
Big Crates deploy length has been increased and you can no longer deploy them so close to yourself that you get stuck inside them after deploying.
Trolls minigun damage has been reduced.
Trolls grenade kickback strength has been increased.
The airbase pack has been disabled on all indoor maps for now.

Big Crates now only check for you or another player being in the way of their deploy. For example you can now deploy them right next to a laser turret to cover it so long as you're deploying it far enough away from yourself. This will make it easier to deploy big crates for a cover to defense. If you have a laser deployed on a ceiling or wall you should no longer have to deploy a big crate and then move it into place.

Boosting an enemy player with the pitchfork now poisons them and gives them the shock and burn effects. Shock basically just resets their energy to 0 (think getting hit by a neuro basher without the kickback) and burn causes them to take minor damage when jetting and has a more visible smoke trail (the same as getting hit by a plasma rifle). The poison is the same as poison from indoor turrets and can be instantly cured by using a health kit.

The buffer time when being released from jail has been removed. Basically a jail sentence is 20 seconds long and while jailed you are unable to kill yourself or take any damage. Previously the state of being jailed lasted 5 extra seconds than the actual time you were in jail so even once outside you were unable to take damage from turrets, rocket jump away or kill yourself until after the buffer time ended.

Extra repair packs have been added to the CTF OG maps and their CTF Ground counterparts (for ex Broadside CTF and Broadside) along with other minor improvements to station placement and respawn point placement. For example the entrance and upstairs ammo stations on Broadside have been changed to inventory stations. The bases on Broadside and Blastside have also been rotated slightly so that one team no longer has the advantage of being able to see into the entrance of the other teams base. The random re-spawn points which were on the terrain below the bases have been moved inside.

Deployable Pussycats no longer reward points to avoid point farming your own teams deployed Pussycats
Fighters and Interceptors max pitch and max bank has been slightly increased. Basically you can point your nose down and up further than before and turn to the sides further as well.
explosionId has been changed to LargeShockwave on all vehicles. debrisId remains the same.
Heavens Fury (angel weapon) min and max energy has been decreased slightly meaning you can fire it longer before running out of energy.
Flame Turrets can now be deployed on terrain.
The Angels FighterPack has been correctly re-named to Interceptor since it actually deploys an Interceptor vehicle.
Map Cavex inventories, sensors and turrets have been set to deleteondestroy = false so they no longer disappear when destroyed.
Map Lolwut has been updated to the latest version.
Map Frontside has been moved to CTF Indoor and now has repair packs.

The percentage chance for a Ghost carrying the flag to drop it has been removed.

The percentage chance upon Phase Shifting to drop the flag has been removed.

It's no longer possible to use a Necromancer beacon to cloak while holding the flag.

If you're already cloaked and pick up the flag you have a 1.5 second window before a check realizes and you're uncloaked and then unable to cloak again by beacon unless you drop the flag.

It's no longer possible to hold the flag with a separate armor and then buy chameleon at a station to bypass chameleon not being able to pick up enemy flags.

There's now a team chat message when a teammate deploys an airbase.

There's now a team chat message when a teammate deploys a teleport pad.

The team chat message given when deploying a jail is no longer sent to yourself.

When attempting to use a repair kit there is now a check to see if it's worth it to use one. If you have taken no damage and you're also not looking at any team objects which have taken damage the repair kit will not be used.

There's now a chat message to yourself indicating if a repair kit was used or retained.

Angel is now able to carry a repair kit.

Increased the start time of matches from 3 seconds to 8 seconds to give a little more leeway on slow loads.

Drastically lowered the distance that Nuclear Turrets projectiles travel before detonating to keep it from being used as an offensive turret.

Destroying an enemy NeuroTurret aka Neuro Basher now awards the standard one point, was previously not giving any.

Removed two bunkers from the Arena Madness map which players would spawn inside and be stuck.

Fixed two respawn points in the map Cavex which were inside rocks that the player could not get out of.

Removed incorrectly placed sliding doors from the maps Psychonaut and High Dive which were causing all other sliding doors on subsequent maps to malfunction.

Moved the map HungyHippos to CTF Indoor and disabled setting air bases during it.

Reworked the teleport system the map BotPracticeMKIII uses. Teleports now drop at several locations. Also moved the "Jumping Bots" target practice building to make it easier to hit the flying bots.

Added the following ski maps:
ExtremEities(Skiing)
SkiWay
Xtremeski
XtremeSki2

Most of the maps themselves are more or less finished, but the annihilation racer code still needs some work. Annihilation racer outfits the maps with a checkpoint system and lap count and timer. The maps need to be tested on the server to see what works and what doesn't and find problems that I just can't find solo.

Known issues:
'best lap time' is not tracked at the end map screen
deaths aren't tracked in the tab menu
the finished lap time is not always correct

Changed the one second delay before a deployable inventory (builder beacon) starts its deploy animation to 0.1
// removed a lot of unused projectiles from baseprojdata
Changed the server name back to Brazil Br Annihilation Servidor <!> ReV| & {OZ} Clans

Added Mortar triggers. Mortars will now explode when they come close to players and can also be shot down. All credit to Plasmatic and his Vengeance 2004 mod.

Team1 and Team2 names changed to Coke and Pepsi

Troll's Minigun now has 500 ammo to be in line with the Tank Shredder.
Troll's Minigun damage brought back up to the original 0.11
Troll's Minigun bullets now look different from the Shredders.
Added a sound when repair points are awarded. Still looking for a better sound to use.
Stopped the Control Jammer from self damaging itself slightly every second which was allowing players to point farm it.
NeuroBasher turret range reduced from 100 to 80.
Reduced the reload delay of deployed missile turrets.
Increased the speed of the rockets from deployed missile turrets.

When spawning you no longer automatically equip the plasma rifle.
Spawn shield ends after 5 seconds (same as previous) or when pulling out a weapon.
Added a deny sound for all unable to deploy messages.
Changed the sound for repair points given.
Changed the pussy cat to look more like an actual sensor and changed the deploy sound. The deploy is still a little messy on some walls will fix soon..

Added a looping shield animation while spawn shield is on. The shield animation stops when spawn invulnerability ends or when you pull out a weapon ending spawn invulnerability. Boosting also ends spawn invulnerability.

Also I forgot to mention that with the previous patch I fixed the Neuro Basher turrets shooting beyond their range. Basically they would shoot anything within team sensor range as long as power was on and their was a working team sensor so changing their range value similar to other turrets did nothing. This was a nice concept, but on a lot of maps they would shoot beyond the fog or target you from half way across the map. They will now only target players within their set range of 200. This distance might need to be increased.

Should be fixed now. Console logging always has been on and the file was over a gig, but that alone didn't make a difference when I hosted.

I found that on live in serverconfig_anni.cs

$pref::PacketRate = "4";
and
$pref::PacketSize = "75";

When I tested those settings on my local server the armor change slowdown appeared. I set these back to 30 and 500 respectively and the issue was fixed. I also made a copy of the old console log file for archive, but deleted the one on live so a fresh one will start. I'm sure crow changed those settings for a reason, but it looks like we need to find a better sweet spot so back to default for now. I'll let branzone know it was on our end :blush:

Hopefully we can move on to updates again now. I have some arena and other maps from you guys I need to add and also need to fix being able to jail players when there's no jail. Also hopefully make airbases destroy-able without a server crash.

I did get some newer versions of the ski maps in.

Quote:
Fixed lap time incorrectly being retained across map change.

Lap time now sets to zero when you spawn as a fail-save, but more importantly sets to zero at the first checkpoint in a lap for much more consistent lap times when trying to push for a better time.

The checkpoint bottom print messages now shows your current time into the lap as well as your speed.

The lap completed message that everyone see's in chat now shows which armor you were in.

Fixed completed laps and total laps not working correctly and always showing the same number. Now when you die from fall damage you will lose a lap under 'laps' to a minimum of 0, while 'total' will always show the total number of laps you've completed regardless of fall damage deaths. All other types of deaths don't count against your laps.

Fixed a lot more deadstops across the four maps and added a few new redirecting walls to help from flying off the tracks when gottagofast

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added a projectile in the shape of the vehicle that was destroyed for all of the vehicles explosions to give them the illusion of crashing when destroyed.

Added a fire sound to the Bomber vehicle.

Slowed the vehicles down for balance and in preparation of things to come. They will probably still need some tweaking.

Fighter maxSpeed = 75; // Was 95
Interceptor maxSpeed = 80; //Was 100
Bomber maxSpeed = 60; //Was 75
Transport maxSpeed = 50; //Was 85

Psychonaut
Fixed a respawn point being at the wrong base and changed the score value of flag captures from 2 to 1.

A_Snipers_Dream and Snipers_Dream2
Removed the objective switch and the sensors and solar panels that belonged to the objective.

Spiridan
Removed the objective switch and fixed team structures belonging to the wrong team.

BellaOmega
Changed the cap limit from 600 to 8.

It's no longer possible to join the arena while jailed.
Changed the objective switch score value on the map Nightside CTF from 0 to 1.

It's no longer possible to deploy mines while jailed.
The release switch for the jail has been moved on top of the jail.

Added the armor type used to take, return and capture the flag to the server chat message for those events.

"Player name has captured the Coke flag in Warrior armor!"

Added a category for night maps.

Cloaking is no longer the Necromancer and Chameleon armors' beacon ability.

Necromancers and Chameleons now have a sensor jamming and armor shielding ability for their beacon.

Removed SensorJammerPack and ShieldPack from Necromancer armor.

Chameleon now has an Airstrike Pack. The airstrike is unable to be fired when too close to ones own base and also has a max range of 250 meters. The target must also be painted for 15 consecutive seconds or the airstrike will not come. If an airstrike is successful the pack is removed from the player. Airstrike damage will not damage teammates or team equipment.

Chameleons plastique explosive grenades now have a flashing red light.

The Suicide Det Pack now uses a different shape from Big Crates.

The Suicide Det Pack now has a flashing red light.

The team chat messages from deployed Pussy Cats that detect a Chameleon no longer all go off at the same time, reducing chat spam.

The pack images for Blast Walls and Jump Pads have been changed to smaller shape files to make it easier to detect when they are deployed and reduce spam by the inventory stations.

There is now a chat message to let one know when they have no beacons left while trying to use a beacon.

The Builder Repair Gun now uses a different beam from normal Repair Pack guns.

Lowered the time required to call an airstrike from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

Added or tweaked items descriptions when mounting them for packs, deployables and weapons to be more useful to new players.
For example, Grappling Hooks description now lets you know that it inflicts electrical damage which is useful against shielded enemies.

To enable or disable these descriptions press Tab and click on 'Personal Options' and then click 'Disable Weapon Help' or 'Enable Weapon Help'.

If your 'Weapon Help' is already disabled when entering the server and you want to enable it you may need to first click 'Disable Weapon Help' and then 'Enable Weapon Help' again to be able to see the descriptions.

A ton of maps have been added to the server. I made a huge post in the 'List of all maps' with the map names and pictures of newly added maps.

http://www.br.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic ... 9&start=50

Please report any issues you have with any of these maps and any feedback, thanks!

List of items that had their descriptions updated:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angel Fire: Catches enemies on fire like plasma. DONE
Bio Feedback Beam: Heals teammates. DONE
Heavens fury: excellent against shielded enemies DONE
Soul grabber: short range weapon DONE
grapple: excellen against shielded enemies DONE
target laser: deals no damage. DONE
flamer: fix grammer DONE
Lucifers hammer: Excellent against shields DONE
Plasma gun: useful agianst covered turrets DONE fix spelling
shockwave cannon: propels players away from the blast DONE
thumper: close range weapon. useful for boosting while shielded DONE
stasis: give a better description DONE
jailers gun: better description DONE
stinger: give a better description DONE
builder repair gun: give a better description DONE
pitchfork: better description DONE see for colors
railgun: remove 1.31 style DONE
phase disruptor: mention reload time DONE
tank rocketgun: better description DONE
os launcher: add press space to explode message to depleted message DONE

Energy pack: DONE
sensor jammer pack: DONE
Nova pack: DONE
repair pack: DONE
chameleon pack: DONE
airstrike pack: DONE
ghost pack, phase shifter and laptop pack have working descriptions
shield pack: DONE
stealth shield pack: DONE
ammo pack: DONE
suicide pack: DONE
troll pack: DONE

camera: DONE
motion sensor: DONE
pulse sensor: DONE
sensor jammer: DONE
interceptor pack: DONE
deployable cat: DONE
control jammer: DONE
transport vehicle: DONE
jail tower: DONE
jump pad: DONE
inventory station: DONE
teleport pad: DONE
mobile inventory: DONE
air base: DONE
deployable bunker: DONE

repair kit: DONE
beacon: DONE
grenade: DONE
mine: DONE
big crate: DONE
blast wall: DONE
force field: DONE
force field door: DONE
large force field: DONE
large force field door: DONE
plasma floor: DONE
deployable platform: DONE

flame turret: DONE
fusion turret: DONE
ion turret: DONE
irradiation turret: DONE
laser turret: DONE
missile turret: DONE
mortar turret: DONE
neuro basher: DONE
nuclear turret: DONE
plasma turret: DONE
shock turret: DONE
vortex turret: DONE

Air Bases can now be destroyed and re-deployed.
Air Bases' Command Stations now function as their health.
When the Command Station is damaged enough a countdown of 30 seconds begins, if repaired in time the explosion will be disarmed otherwise a 5 second warning message will trigger and shortly after the Air Base will blow up, there's no saving it at this point.
Air Base Health cannot be damaged by team damage unless team damage is turned on via vote or by admin.
Air Bases deploy restrictions now mimic that of turrets, meaning it's no longer possible to deploy your teams Air Base directly over the enemy base.

AirStrike Pack max distance increased from 250 to 300 meters.
AirStrike Pack call down restrictions greatly reduced, may now be called almost anywhere except for your own teams flagstand.
Airstrike Pack now automatically equips the owner with a Chameleon Pack when an airstrike is called successfully.

NEW THINGS

*added a server message to the map end screen announcing the name of the upcoming map

*added sound to both the match starts in .. and match started messages

*players now default to Observer on map change

*added a tip for using Repair Kits to cure herpes to the Indoor Turret damage message

*changed the Troll Pack image to an Ammo Pack image combined with a Repair Kit image while worn and to an Ammo Pack image while the pack is on the ground. This will make the Troll Pack distinguishable from normal Repair Packs both while worn and on the ground.

*added the words Control Jammer to the messages given when feedback occurs from Control Jammers while using an OS Launcher for better clarification.

*Generator and Station damage (AKA Base damage) no longer enables or disables itself automatically based on the number of players in the server. Note that Base damage may still be disabled via vote or by admin.

*Repair Pack and Builder Repair Gun now repair faster when repairing a Generator or Solar Panel

*increased Chameleon armors running speed and jump height

*added sound to the messages given when a player reaches a killing spree amount and added a bottom print message as well

*Killing Sprees now activate at 10, 20 and 30 kills in a row.

*when reaching a killing spree amount you're now notified as well and your armor heals to full health

*Deployable Motion Sensors, Pulse Sensors, Sensor Jammers, and Pussycats now have active sounds unique to them that you'll hear when standing nearby.

BALANCE CHANGES

*Map Generators and Solar Panels are now much stronger

*The total health of defenses including deployed Force Fields, BigCrates, JumpPads, PlasmaFloors, Platforms and BlastWalls have been cut in half.

*buffed the OS Launcher weapons' kickback

*buffed deployable Teleporters health

*increased the reload delay of Vortex turrets

*increased the total health of deployable Cameras, Motion Sensors, Pulse Sensors, Sensor Jammers, and Pussycats

*increased shield strength, recharge rate and max damage of BASE sensors, the ones that come with the map.

*decreased the damage taken from the Energy Pack boost

*Stasis Spell muzzle velocity reduced

*Stasis Spell projectile now disappears sooner to prevent door sniping from across the map

*Stasis Spell reload delay increased

MISC FIXES

*removed the "resetting server settings" message from the map end screen

*changed the Indoor Turret damage message to bottom print to reduce chat spam

*changed the description of Ghost armor from ghosting to Ghost. This description is used when a player who is ghosting takes the enemy flag. "player name took the team1 flag in Ghost armor"

*removed Shield Pack from Warrior armor because it has the Stealth Shield Pack

*players are no longer able to suicide or enter arena when in stasis, additionally admins are no longer able to admin kill, respawn, blowup, snipe, burn or poison players in stasis.

*fixed the Deployable Bunkers damage panels which were broken with the air base patch.

*when base damage is enabled or disabled via a vote or by an admin the server no longer changes it back based on the number of players in the server

*added the Sensor Jammer Pack for female Builder armor

*changed the message given when trying to jail when your team doesn't have a jail deployed to a bottomprint message

*added a bottomprint message when trying to jail after your teams jail tower has been destroyed and another one has not been deployed yet

*its no longer possible to jail someone when your teams jail tower is destroyed

*corrected the team messages given when a jail tower is destroyed to reflect the correct teams

**Hotfixed 4.17.17

*Fixed an issue with Troll armors' Suicide DetPack giving a 'wait' message when initially trying to use the pack
*Suicide Detpack now has a *working* 10 second wait timer which activates after using the pack that prevents standing at an Inventory Station and spamming unlimited Detpacks, but allows for one every 10 seconds.
*Updated the server join messages for both registered and nonregistered players.
*Removed the bottomprint portion of the 'Press TAB to join teams' message shown when maps begin.

Decreased Chameleon armor running speed and jump height

Restored the cloaking beacon to Chameleon and Necromancer armor

Increased the muzzle velocity of the Necromancers' Stasis Spell

When buying armor a players beacon timer now resets. This will help make sure beacons can be used when switching armors even if the previous armors beacon had not reset.

Added a check to see if a Cloaking beacon (Necromancer and Chameleon) or a Shield beacon (Titan) is already active before using another one.

All beacon abilities that make sound will now play the sound both for the user of the beacon and locally.

Added description messages on use for beacons that did not have them already.

Tank beacon now vents exhaust smoke with a small damage cloud.

Bot update.

Quote:
Added a mission type named Capture the Flag Bots

These bots are the first Annihilation bots to use Spoonbot.
They can play Capture the Flag against themselves and make for good target practice.

Current missions include:
Blastside CTFB
Broadside CTFB
CanyonCrusade CTFB
DangerousCrossing CTFB
IceRidge CTFB
Raindance CTFB
Rollercoaster CTFB
Scarabrea CTFB
Snowblind CTFB
Stonehenge CTFB

Admins will also see a 'Spoonbot Controls' menu in the Tab screen when one of these maps is being played, letting them add or remove bots of every armor type.

Added bot versions with working treepoint files of the maps Roadkill2, Box and BloodBath2. Find them in the CTF BOTS mission list.

Fixed the maps KWSN Duel and BotPracticeMk-III from being affected by the new bot maps. The bots are back to normal on these maps now.

Added score values to the flags on the map CTF Ground map DownFall.

Significantly reduced the chance that a bot will say something in chat as a reaction to getting killed.

Increased the respawn delay of bots on CTFB maps to twenty seconds.

Increased the ThinkingInterval and MovementInterval of the bots on CTFB maps. This should help performance.

The bots on CTFB maps now respawn into a random annihilation armor type and as a random roll. For example the Necromancer bot used to always repawn as a Necromancer which played the roll of going for the enemy flag. Now it might respawn as a Titan that camps on the flag or a Tank that goes for the enemy flag or defends the base and so on. This will add a bit of randomness to the bot matches.

*Added hashtag commands for looking at another registered players detailed statistics.

*Type these in the game chat. This will only work for players who have registered with the profile system on the server.
#ObjectiveStats playername
#CombatStats playername
#RecordsStats playername
#MiscStats playername

Reminder:
Type #help in game to see the full list of hashtag commands the player profile system uses.
If you've never registered before typing #help will show you how to do so.

*Fixed a bug with the bots in the CTF Bot maps that was causing the server to crash when a bot walked between a player and a mobile inventories zappy beam. The AI has been coded not to activate the beams themselves in Annihilation for a long time, but the previous 'practice' maps never really had players, bots and inventories all in one area. When the inventory beam that was trying to hit the player hit the bot instead it caused the crash. The Zappy projectile can no longer harm the bots.

*Added out of area damage to the AI. They now take a bit of damage each time they touch the out of bounds wall (they bounce off it just like players do) and should take sustained damage until death if they do push past the wall.

increase troll beacon damage
added a third teleport - note: teleports back to tele1 only. not yet set up to randomly go between tele 1-3.

More Botmaps:
Ground:
=========
tombstone DONE
a_snipers_dream DONE
RabbitHole DONE
Phat_planet DONE
MidnightMayhem DONE
hvPoint Barrow DONE
Great Wall DONE
Chaos Wastelands DONE
A Forgotten City DONE

Air:
=========
Spyder DONE
Doughnut_of_Death DONE
AntiSocialSkyrise2 DONE
deadly_tunnel DONE

Indoor:
=========
lolwut DONE
Freezer DONE
cavex DONE
KWSN Dome
Back_to_the_Skies DONE

2/15/2020 Mod Update:
-----------------------------------------
tl;dr
-Added velocity inherited from vehicles for pilots when they dismount.
-Tweaked the Troll armor beacon to apply its area damage better.
-Tweaked the Angel armor beacon to have some damage.
-Tweaked the Tank armor beacon to apply slightly more damage with the smoke cloud.
-Started adding support for a third teleport and made teleports work more often.
-Reduced or balanced the max health of the main Generators, Solar Panels and portable (small) Generators.
-Fixed the health of deployed Solar Panels, mini Generators, Air Base Solar Panels etc. to now be consistent with their normal counterparts.

Wall of text:
So Annihilation mod has always had inherited velocity from vehicles for the passengers of vehicles when they jumped out, but the pilot would just stop dead in their tracks if they dismounted. With the addition of inherited velocity for the pilot it is now possible to jump out of vehicles you are piloting to give yourself a speed boost. This is more in line with Tribes 2 and Tribes: Ascend and it is a lot of fun for flag grabs.

Troll beacon now has two sets of the fireballs that shoot out from you. The original ones now detonate sooner than they used to so if you are for example flying through the air and another player comes close to you the beacon will actually damage the area around you now instead of where you were 5 seconds ago which many times would be 20 meters back. The new set of fireballs looks like Plasma Ammo canisters and take on the roll of the old ones. They don't detonate for a much longer time or until they touch something. So for example you can be flying over something and use the beacon to sort of drop these firebombs on an area. Overall this beacon is around the same damage output and works almost exactly like it used to, it just actually works as intended now.

Angel armor beacon now also casts the Nova Pack attack (without the energy drain) in addition to the emergency stop-in-place it usually does. This is a small area of effect attack that players never seemed to use when it was only from the Nova Pack because you have to get right up next to someone for it to work and it would drain all of your energy. So if an Angel stood exactly behind a Tank and used Nova Pack it was possible to one shot them, but most times you would just get one shot yourself when trying to get close to people because you are in Angel armor after all and after you attempted to use the pack on someone you were a sitting target with no jets for a few seconds. Having this on the beacon and without the energy punishment now makes it much easier to use. Tip: Use the Grapple gun on someone to pull yourself in and then use this Angel beacon when you are hugging them.

Tank beacon no longer casts the same emergency shield that Titans use. Shielded tanks were just way too overpowering when indoors and I felt that they really did not fit in with our version of the Annihilation Tank armor, which has extreme mobility compared to classic Annihilation where the tank was extremely clunky and hard to get across the map and into the enemy base. I want the armors to have distinct beacons from each other (except Chameleon and Necromancer, which are probably doomed with the awful cloaking pack for eternity, sorry). It has the same area of effect attack with smoke added in the last couple patches, but now it does a tad bit more damage. This attack does less damage overall compared to the Troll beacon attack, but has a larger range.

Teleports no longer damage or destroy other teleports when they are destroyed. Reduced health of teleports a bit. Made it possible for each team to deploy three teleports instead of two. Next patch is going to integrate random teleporting between the three to spice things up, but for now if you deploy one the second and third will always lead back to one. Ammo tossed into them will always go to the first one deployed for now as well.

Spoonbot Annihilation:
tl;dr
-Now mount packs based on armor instead of all using the Energy Pack.
-Now deploy the Annihilation turrets.
-Created tree files that the bots use to navigate for more maps.
-The 'Painter' bot in Warrior armor now uses a Plasma Gun to shoot enemy equipment instead of pointing at it with the Targeting Laser.
-Fixed the Builder bot repairing friendly equipment too slowly. Can now go and repair Generators by itself.

Wall of text:
Spoonbot had it so one could use the command screen to have a bot deploy a motion sensor, pulse sensor etc. but you had to tell them to do it by using the command screen orders and they would just deploy it as soon as you issued the command and not where you waypointed on the map.

I used that system and instead had the bots deploy the annihilation turrets and then I changed it from being tied to the command screen and just made it a random chance to happen for the bots.

Here is the setup so far. The titan is usually playing heavy on the flag so he typically is around the flag to deploy a force field door. The chameleon is the sniper bot so it deploys sensor jammers and so on.

I am still working on adding the individual deploy restrictions that the turrets use for the bots. That's why the deploys are so crazy right now. At first it was even worse and there would be stacks of 20 plasma turrets. So far it checks the team deploy limit for the items before deploying something and if it does deploy it adds to the team item count. I think I also made it check if there was already a turret in the way, but I may have only had it check for a turret of the same type.

Lastly I am working on adding some teleport triggers that only the AI go through on some of the worst stuck spots on the maps. Try Blastside CTFB I fixed most of the spots on that map.

Known issues with the CTF Bots:
When I made some of the treefiles for the maps I was putting a few of them in the air. The bots sometimes get stuck in a loop trying to jet to one of these positions and then don't have the time in the air to recognize that they hit it so they just try again. I am working on making much better tree files for the bots to use.

Bots deploying turrets..on turrets..in the air...rocket turrets indoors etc. should slowly get fixed as I add the various deploy restrictions for the items to the bots.

Bots not moving at all or very much after the server has been on for a long time. If you are an admin try using 'Reset Server Defaults'. This could fix it without having to restart the server.

TribesHDv2 With Artificial Intelligence:
Also one more thing I have been working on a new version of the TribesHDv2 config. It now uses images that have been upscaled in quality by an artificial intelligence program.

Here's the tribal war thread about the A.I. upscaling
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692745

I will be releasing a version of TribesHDv2 that uses these upscaled textures after I throw in some of the good HD terrain and sky textures and maybe replace a few skins here and there. The high quality versions of some of the weapons that have already been made look slightly better than some of the AI upscaled textures, but the upscaled base textures are super nice. More to come on that later.

- Flags can now bounce off of the Out of Bounds grid in the same way players currently do if they are high enough up or just going fast enough when they pass the grid.

Having this predictable arch will make it easier for flag chasers to return their teams' flag. It also chucks the flag back into play instead of Out of Bounds.

- Flags that are lower and/or slower and do escape the Out of Bounds grid no longer take the default flag return time of 45 seconds to return and will return after 15 seconds of being beyond the grid.

- When voting a random mission type and selecting a type other than CTF-Ground the server no longer defaults to the CTF-Ground category of maps and will correctly select a random mission from the selected type.

- Any mission type other than CTF (Ground, Indoor, Air, etc.) will default back to those CTF types once that mission ends. This will help stop Spoonbot, Race and Spawn maps from continuing on after there's nobody in the server.

- The admin command for picking the next mission works correctly again. This will override any server mission changes (see above).

- The Out of Bounds grid is now more difficult to indefinitely bounce back and forth on for players and their bodies. The grid can now detect too many bounces in too short amount of time. This will stop players from bouncing from one side of the grid to the other hundreds of times a minute, but shouldn't be noticeable during game play or when bouncing normally.