Mod Updates

AnniDv6

Re: Mod Updates

Post by AnniDv6 »

Ghost wrote:Yeah just tested it; When you get released you basically auto open the jail due to teleporting right on top of it.
I think you're better off leaving it at the bottom.

PS:
The Arena and Mine exploits seem to be patched perfectly.

Good work.
That's actually intentional. I can't tell you how many times I've been jailed with a teammate and had them get out first and then not open the jail. Having the switch on top should make players more aware of it and sometimes you do hit the switch when released. It made for some pretty funny moments while testing with a few people and having enemy turrets deployed around the jail. Also it's still possible to open the jail and place mines inside which could then be used to escape if the switch was left where it was.

Something else that I will probably add is the Control Jammers jamming enemy jail guns. Getting jailed in the field is one thing, but getting jailed in the small corridors of your base is pretty cheap.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

My add the jamming effect to CATs?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's a terrible idea.

There are 3 reasons why we should not nerf jail gun without replacing it with something better like I suggested:
1) Turrets are nearly indestructible... We need to be able to remove live players from their own base while forking defenses or every map will end in a stalemate.
2) Spawnshields + ammo dumping... Again, we need to be able to remove live players from their own base when capping flags, or some dickweed will inevitably spawn on top of us and Allah Akbar to prevent us from sneaking out with the flag.
3) It's great for defense, too, as you can jail people who are forking your defenses, or people attempting to get to your flag.

However, if we replace it with a stun gun, that incapacitates targets for a few (3-4) seconds, allowing you to damage them while they are down and take their stuff... That would be far more effective, and far less annoying, then the jail tower, which lasts 20 seconds, and teleports you to God know's where!
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Yeah the jailgun is very useful when dealing with stalemates. If the flag holder barricades themselves inside the base you can jail them while in chameleon.

A lot of people seem to have a problem with invisiblity -- it might be worth reducing the time you can spend invisible or removing it altogether.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Invisibility is already removed and replaced in my build of crazy ideas with a lot of things that never make it to live. I've been thinking about putting up a test server, but I don't want it to compete with the live server so maybe only for a few hours once a week.

@perrinoia
I pretty much agree and that's why I didn't put it in. I do like the idea of making the control jammer more worthwhile though and also if you destroy it you'd be able to jail so it could be interesting to sneak in, destroy the jammer and then jail everyone in their own base.

The thing about control jammers is that they suffer from the same problem that portable generators have. You can bury them behind so much defense that there's no way for them to realistically be destroyed in a match unless your entire base is already overrun.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh man.. I just had an idea...

What if... Stay with me here... What if, invisibility worked the way spawn shields are supposed to work...

So, you turn on invisibility, and you can move around undetected, but the second you fire your weapon, your cover is blown for a second or two.

So, those douche bag snipers hiding in the hills will still get the first shot, but if and when they take that shot, they sacrifice their concealment.
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

perrinoia wrote:Oh man.. I just had an idea...

What if... Stay with me here... What if, invisibility worked the way spawn shields are supposed to work...

So, you turn on invisibility, and you can move around undetected, but the second you fire your weapon, your cover is blown for a second or two.

So, those douche bag snipers hiding in the hills will still get the first shot, but if and when they take that shot, they sacrifice their concealment.
Works same way as it did in the first original Halo game. :clap:

Thanks!

Owner
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh yeah... I forgot about that...

My twin brother and I used to play Halo, and he would get so mad at me, because I'd throw a grenade across the map, and he'd hear it bouncing around for several seconds... "Tink... tink... tink... BOOM!" and it would blow up right in his face, every time!

I'd treat the entire map like a Rube Goldberg Machine, and bounce grenades through the tiniest windows, or holes in the ceilings...

He'd throw his controller and storm out of the room shouting, "TINK, TINK... TINK... TINK, TINK... TINK... TINK, TINK... TINK..."

Ah... Good memories... :trolol:
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

perrinoia wrote:Oh man.. I just had an idea...

I like this idea. Invisibility is nice when sneaking around in the base in Necro so you can avoid turrets and what not. If invisibility is removed or made into something like this, it should at least maintain its sensor jammer function.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I replaced invisibility with shield+sensorjamming as a beacon for chameleon and necromancer on my test server and it plays pretty good. It makes you less squishy in those armors and you have to manage your energy so you can absorb more damage. You can also still sneak around.

I did test having de-cloak when firing the sniper rifle awhile ago and it was still pretty annoying. We might as well go all the way and remove it.