HitMark Script

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

HitMark Script

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Well I finished this up today, and made it a little more user friendly. Haven't really tested it much, but I'll post it anyways since people want it. I only added one reticle / hitmark, so if you want to add one of your own check out the readme.

Let me know if anyone finds any issues with it.

A few known issues might be.. This will only work in full screen mode. If you close game by alt+F4, or close to where when you open tribes it isn't in fullscreen, it will load 1920x1080 by default (or whatever $Presto::screenSize["Default"] is set to in hitmark.cs, this hot fixes the issue). Pretty much if you start tribes in window mode it might mess up, so make sure to set $Presto::screenSize["Default"]. I could probably fix that, but I too lazy. It's the screen size code I got from presto.

Screenshots: Click Here!!
1.40 / 1.41 Download: HitMark_v2.zip
1.11 / 1.30 Download: HitMark111.zip (this is just a quick convert from the 1.40 version)
Generic Hitmarks: RainbowHitMarkX.zip

Here are a few other reticles with hitmarks to pick from. It's fairly easy to convert (rename/resize/recolor) these for tribes.
http://www.br.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic ... 238#p23238
Fixious

Re: HitMark Script

Post by Fixious »

Didn't seem to work on Community. Does on BR though.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Yea this needs a script on the server to work. I'm sure I could get the community to add it. ATM our server is the only one that has it.
virus

Post by virus »

So when you hit a target its supposed to pop up and fade? That's what the explosions are for. :)
Nice add though.
[NHOP]Virus
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

update, added 1.11 version to the post.

also i made them both drag and drop. ezer install. still have to put the loading line in autoexec.cs though. it can be found in the readme.
st0ned

Post by st0ned »

so far im liking it lol
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Added more generic hitmarks (the basic X found in most games) to pick from. This way people with different reticles might find one in this pack they like. The red I used is the same color pallet as my old crosshair, which I know some of you still use. There are 3 different sizes being small (32x32), med (64x64), large (128x128). Please note you have to change a line in the script if you change the size of the image. By default the script uses 128x128, so just use the readme that came with the script to change that.

RainbowHitMarkX.zip

The example posted below is the one I like. Fits really well with the reticle I use. Might try the white trans also though.
Attachments
HitMarkRedTransMed.png
HitMarkRedTransMed.png (4.86 KiB) Viewed 6715 times
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

crow can't you just else if the frame variables? so they don't have to always be 64 or 128? it could just detect both
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

updated OP with v2. has shit loads of cool goodies in it. i too lazy to list them atm, so you can check it out and see them your self.

have not really tested this much, just finished working on it. i have no plans to update the 1.11 version, but some of this stuff you can just copy paste maybe. might need a few edits for the 1.11 version. idk.

ps: this wont work right till the server resets. i was testing in my beta server.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

you should put this thread in scripts lol
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads