Mod Updates

Azul

Re: Mod Updates

Post by Azul »

With more testing, what bout this... instead of 3 nuke missiles coming down in a triangle at the same time, how about 3 in the exact same spot, offset by .4 seconds each? That seems to do some real damage to base defense. No Prisoners and his 1000 sunken blastwalls are unaffected though.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I imagine the reason he chose multiple angles of attack was in case of obstructions... For instance, if all of the airstrikes had the same trajectory, you could easily deploy your defenses under a hoverpost or something, so it would never get a direct hit.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yes and the area damage is nice against players as well. You can take out large areas of defense farms over time with only a few airstrikes. If you can manage to hide an inventory station nearby to quickly buy more airstrikes you can do a lot of damage in not that much time, but you have to be sneaky. If one airstrike killed the lasers + 2 platforms + jumppad setup I think that might be a bit overkill. Defense needs to have some level of sustainability because right now it can be very difficult to recover if your entire base does get raped.

One thing I would like to try to implement is having generators and solar panels have much more health. The problem then becomes that they also take that much longer to repair and dropping a repair kit won't help as much. If I could make the builder repair gun and repair pack gun repair generators at a faster rate than other things I could beef up their health substantially.

Also with this new patch make sure that you're deploying motion sensors with your defense so that your turrets will fire on the Chameleons and Necromancers when they are sensor jamming even if nobody on your team is around. Shock turrets are also very effective against their shields.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Rather than repairing a fixed amount, health kits should restore functionality, and nothing more. So, whatever percent we'll make it functional, is what you'll get.

Repair guns should be required to get things back to 100%.
Azul

Post by Azul »

Me and Aristhida tried it out last night, he in Titan with a Pbeam, me with Cham and airstrike, and Titan is a lot faster at destroying a D than a Cham with an invo station calling airstrikes. I think with the fact that it is limited to outdoor use only, it needs to be a bit more powerful. I mean, I used it exclusively in games last night, because I love the idea, and it was hit or miss whether it even destroyed a single plasma turret.

But I love the buff to Chameleon. Sorely needed, and I'm glad cloaking is gone.
LUNCHBOX

Post by LUNCHBOX »

removing the cloak/invis from the chameleon is crazy. It's basically useless. Its the armor I am the best at with a rail gun.

Is this a final decision or a test? I would like invis turned back on please.

Thanks.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

If people want invis, then the server should force OpenGL so everyone is on a even playing field (well, other than those HM losers). The fact that people can simply use software mode and see cloaked players renders it useless.

There's no reason why someone should be running software mode in 2016. Even the shittiest of computers can handle OpenGL.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Netbooks with integrated graphics are nearly unplayable using OpenGL, even today. Some people continue to use shitty old laptops. Windows XP continues to work for those who choose to never upgrade.

I am not one of those people. All of my computers run Windows 10.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

I'm okay with the distance, but 15 seconds is indeed a bit long, especially for a one-time deal. Lowering it to 10 might be better.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

In that case it'd have to be lowered to 5 seconds. There's no way you'd survive for 10 seconds without moving if you have a beam showing where you are.