Fighter jet with lock-on missiles

LM|RCMP*

Re: Fighter jet with lock-on missiles

Post by LM|RCMP* »

The Boloblur wrote:I do like the idea of seeking missiles. However, there would have to be several nerfs in place for that, to prevent any spam and such. It should have at least a 5-10second cool down and it should run off the energy level to make sure that you can only fire 2 shots before the cool-down begins. That would regulate the usage and make it more of a skill to use them at just the right time.
the nerf I was thinking of is an ammo count of 4 per vehicle. they usually come standard with unlimited amount of ammo, but anyone who knows anything about fighter jets IRL knows it is impossible to fit that many sidewinder missiles on an F/22 Raptor. at max, they might have 4 weapons pylons, 2 on each wing, and when you've shot your 4 missiles, your done until you return to base and reload. If we could limit the amount of missiles on board, you'd have to chose carefully when you want to fire, because once you're out, you would have to either jettison from the jet, use the jet itself as a projectile and kamakaze it, or return to base and get a new one. With this idea, you can eliminate people saying its over powered, because while it might do more damage, it can only do so for limited amount of time
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's not a bad idea... Vehicle pad could act like an ammo station for vehicles. Just park on it for a second or two and you've reloaded.
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

That would be a good idea. But I think that may keep the use of vehicles to a minimum still and with this we would want to promote the use of vehicles to introduce a newer tactic for players to use. I think that if we at least test the missile recharge, we could see if making it have ammo on-board to re-stock at a vehicle station would be better.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Pretty sure delta air force mod has vehicle reloading stations. I also remember being able to buy different weapons for vehicles at the vehicle station
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Heads up STU would love this idea so would i why not.