Minigun (Slight nerf)

Lawlz

Minigun (Slight nerf)

Post by Lawlz »

Aight so, I don't hate the gun or anything. But this gun is excessively overkilling in every way. Takes 10 shots to kill just spawn armor in general, and you have 500. Add in the outrageous accuracy / velocity / etc.

Anyways, nerf the ammo at the very least. I don't really mind the damage value, but it needs some weird punishing thing like lower ammo. Shit 200 would be gucci even.
The Boloblur

Re: Minigun (Slight nerf)

Post by The Boloblur »

I noticed that too. I too think it needs a damage nerf at least. I think a 4-5% decrease in damage wouldn't be a bad feel for it
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

My biggest problem with it, is there is no sound effect when the bullet hits me, so I don't even realize what is damaging me.
That, and every single bullet makes my damage flash 100%, so I'm fucking blinded from the first hit till I'm dead.
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

Same problem, I need to make a new flash for the config to get passed that issue. Unless someone has one already that I can use. But still a small decrease in damage would make it much more manageable to fight against even if that happens. I am sure that the damage flash is 100% because of the output damage on every bullet.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yes.

Each hit can cause no more than 75% opaque damage flash, but since the next hit occurs before the last flash dissipates, all I see is red.
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

So then maybe the thing to do would be to decrease the Fire rate?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I think step 1 is add a sound effect to the explosion.
Step 2 is either reduce damage or fire rate, or both.

That's for chain gun.

For mini gun, I'd rather see that as a passenger only weapon... Meaning, when a passenger is mounted in a vehicle, they get a mini gun, and when they dismount (whether by jumping, phase shifting, or vehicle destroyed), they lose the weapon.

Shouldn't matter what armor you have. That's the only nerf we need on mini gun. This way, the mini gun shooter is either stationary with no pilot, or having to adjust for S']['U's radical driving.
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

Yeah, but the problem is that it then takes it away from the tank and I think we would lose players if you did that. I think it would be best to do a damage nerf and a fire rate nerf with a added explosion sound and that should be good enough on it really.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Yeah overall I just wanted a reduction in general to the ammo amount for them. I'm totally cool with everything else; it's sort of nice to have a few more guns rival shit like Pbeam & railguns honestly. Makes way for more tactics to actually be used in this fucking mod. Love that vortex turrets and shit have been fixed too. gg mods
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

Ghost wrote:Anyone else notice some of the mini gun projectiles explode in midair and never hit the target/appear not to?
It's annoying because it obscures your vision sometimes.

I'll post a vid when I get back if you don't know wtf I'm talking about.
I know what you mean and that should get fixed with a reduced fire rate. It can happen when the projectiles collide with each other before the target is hit. I used to have several problems in the past with that and I had reduced the fire rate and I think I even gave the adjustment to a mod and that never got implemented. However, I think that a Decrese in fire rate and a 5% decrease in damage should get that thing to a near perfect state. I do think that the railgun should have a damage decrease of about 2.5% and the PB should loose about 5% damage as well. That should even everything out I think