Minigun (Slight nerf)

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Minigun (Slight nerf)

Post by perrinoia »

Think about it this way, a fully charged pbeam targeting a player (100% / 25 = 4.0)
If the player is wearing necromancer armor, damage scale = 0.9 (4.0 * 0.9 = 3.6).
Divide that by the shooter's kills, multiply by the shooter's deaths... So if K:D ratio is 10:1, 3.6 becomes 0.36.
Now multiply the target's kills and divide by the target's deaths... So if K:D ratio is 1:5, 0.36 becomes 0.18.

Necromancer.maxDamage = 0.76, so it'll take 4.222222222222222 shots for you to kill someone who is half as good as you...

That does sound a bit extreme... But it could be tweaked... For instance, in this case the shooter is statistically twice as good as the target, so maybe it should take twice as many shots to kill the target instead of the formula I just outlined, which would take four times as many shots.
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

perrinoia wrote:Think about it this way, a fully charged pbeam targeting a player (100% / 25 = 4.0)
If the player is wearing necromancer armor, damage scale = 0.9 (4.0 * 0.9 = 3.6).
Divide that by the shooter's kills, multiply by the shooter's deaths... So if K:D ratio is 10:1, 3.6 becomes 0.36.
Now multiply the target's kills and divide by the target's deaths... So if K:D ratio is 1:5, 0.36 becomes 0.18.

Necromancer.maxDamage = 0.76, so it'll take 4.222222222222222 shots for you to kill someone who is half as good as you...

That does sound a bit extreme... But it could be tweaked... For instance, in this case the shooter is statistically twice as good as the target, so maybe it should take twice as many shots to kill the target instead of the formula I just outlined, which would take four times as many shots.

Or we just leave it alone, and say fuck it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Says someone who would find gameplay more challenging.

The goal of this would be to mamake it more challenging (more fun) for vets, and easier (more fun) for noobs.

When a vet shoots another vet, their stats should even out, thus the formula would change nothing (unless you connect mid game).

The problem is when noobs connect, get slaughtered, and never return. I'm hoping to fix that.
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

perrinoia wrote:Says someone who would find gameplay more challenging.

The goal of this would be to mamake it more challenging (more fun) for vets, and easier (more fun) for noobs.

When a vet shoots another vet, their stats should even out, thus the formula would change nothing (unless you connect mid game).

The problem is when noobs connect, get slaughtered, and never return. I'm hoping to fix that.
I have no problem with challenge lol. I just think it might be too drastic of a change and if you wanted to see how it would work I would suggest running a test server that you can have people join to make sure that you are getting the response that you are looking for. But I would not do it on the main server until you have tested that several times. that can still leave room for Weapons to be OP. However, it is not bad thinking.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, maybe.
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

If you ever want help with it Perrin, I'd be happy to assist with what I can. I always enjoy seeing this game change.