Minigun (Slight nerf)

The Boloblur

Re: Minigun (Slight nerf)

Post by The Boloblur »

Yeah, but you did bring up a good point about the weapon and it should be made to be more realistic. That is what we are aiming for with most of the guns. I am also thinking of starting a complete remodel for Tribes once I get into the class that I want to take. I will be able to give Tribes a full facelift hopefully. It's going to be part of the project that I will have to complete for the class. So, hopefully I will also be able to get some of our awesome coders to make the guns more realistic so that when we complete the upgrade it will feel and look a lot better than it does now.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Tribes uses shape files made by 3D max... Specifically a version of 3D max that only works in Windows '98.

Most college classes won't use such ancient software...

They probably also won't use the newest software, either.
DESTROID

Post by DESTROID »

Tem varias coisas no tribes que precisam ser alteradas. Exemplo necromancer.

Imagina se o Lawlz, Destroid jogadores extremamente experientes estão reclamando da minigum ou chaingum, coitado dos jogadores menos experientes.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

DESTROID wrote:It has several things in the tribes that need to be changed. Example necromancer .

Imagine if the Lawlz , destroid extremely experienced players are complaining of minigum or chaingum , pity the pla
What do you suggest for necromancer?
DESTROID

Post by DESTROID »

Necromancer is invisible, teleports, the laser has high speed shooting and high damage.

one option would reduce the attack speed or damage.

Previously he had not so much damage.

As I said, it is difficult for experienced players to think less experienced players

Necromancer é invisível, teleporta, o laser tem alta velocidade de disparos e um alto dano.

uma opção seria reduzir a velocidade de ataque ou o dano

Antigamente ele não tinha tanto dano.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

I don't have time to read all of these posts, but I don't think the chaingun should be nerfed. It already has low ammo and is no where near as powerful as the minigun. It really doesn't get abused that much.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

So, to summarize the problem, Tribes veterans + over powered weapons = no fun for noobs, AKA dying game... Right?

Here's an idea!

Damage scale should be inversely proportional to kill : death ratio.

In other words, take your k/d ratio, compare it to your target's k/d ratio, and figure out a fair damage value to even the odds...

Suicide should not count towards these ratios, to prevent vets from committing suicide a fuck ton at the beginning of a match so all of their weapons can kill with 1 shot.

I think this formula should be limited to the k/d ratio of each mission, not profile stats, otherwise players might intentionally lose for a week to handicap themselves before a clan match.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

perrinoia wrote:So, to summarize the problem, Tribes veterans + over powered weapons = no fun for noobs, AKA dying game... Right?

Here's an idea!

Damage scale should be inversely proportional to kill : death ratio.

In other words, take your k/d ratio, compare it to your target's k/d ratio, and figure out a fair damage value to even the odds...

Suicide should not count towards these ratios, to prevent vets from committing suicide a fuck ton at the beginning of a match so all of their weapons can kill with 1 shot.

I think this formula should be limited to the k/d ratio of each mission, not profile stats, otherwise players might intentionally lose for a week to handicap themselves before a clan match.
"A fair damage value"
Fair for whom exactly?

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Noobs... Duh
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

Perrin is right. Destiny on consoles has a system like that for PvP to prevent any gun from being more powerful than the other regardless of level. They just have a perk system that makes it OP. But, it's still far too much work for any one person to do and would be a challenge, so fuck it and keep dying by the noobs if you have to lol