Confuse Spell

Ozzie

Confuse Spell

Post by Ozzie »

Necromancer Spell that reverses controls for it's target, so D is now left and A is right, etc. Lasts for like 10 seconds or something. It would be annoying, but manageable if the person hit with it had proper skillz.

Something else fun would be to bring back the "Heaven's Gate" for Rogue Angel
KILROY

Re: Confuse Spell

Post by KILROY »

Interesting.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't think that is possible...

Key binds are client side, so even if you were able to reverse it on the server side, the player could easily write a custom script to reverse it back on their side.

Heavens gate was useful though.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

It's a pretty interesting idea. One of my favorite packs is the phase shifter pack because when you switch places with another player you also are set to whatever direction and velocity they had and once you understand this it's really fun to steal people's momentum to your advantage.

Maybe instead of changing their keybinds we could just set the player who used the pack as the controller of the second player for 10 seconds and force the second player to observe themselves for that time. The user of the pack would disappear for that time similar to when you use the phase shifter pack.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Hmm...like that.

Really want to Confuse them, spawn them to the opposite team for awhile before they could spawn on the original team, or they couldn't spawn to their original team until they kill one of their own team members before they could spawn back...lol.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh, what if chameleon powers worked on touch rather than with the pack?

I've always been disappointed by chameleons inability to function on multi team maps. This would solve the issue.

The collision event could instantly cause you to mimic the allegiance of the object you touch... Even taking damage from a projectile or explosion could trigger the event and change your team indicator to match who ever hurt you. Another function could probably check the surface you're walking on and mimic its team, thus the arrow over your head automatically changes shortly after you step foot on the enemy base...

Maybe still have the pack to activate/deactivate the mimic ability, but make it a whole lot more versatile.
Last edited by perrinoia on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

That sounds like a good idea. I have thought about a sniper for chameleon that would use tribes rpg's code for the #mimic spell. It would set you to the same armor and weapon setup as an enemy in your line of sight for a short period of time.
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Mimic sounds awesome... I’d love to see some new abilities on the server to shake things up