Jeffros Challenge, similar maps, and anni maps.

Nightmare OG

Jeffros Challenge, similar maps, and anni maps.

Post by Nightmare OG »

Myself, Ozzie, and Ecko ventured over to Blue Sex the other day. Seeing those old annihilation maps was amazing... Grass Bowl, Brood, IV, Enlightenment just to name a few. What could it hurt to add those old gems back? Some of us would LOVE to play them again. Just make an "annihilation" map sub menu along side "Capture the flag OG" and all those, with the original maps.

How about re-adding Jethros Challenge? It was a wonderful map to play when nobody was in the server and very challenging if I remember I never completed it. Possibly some similar maps as well? Add like a "Single/Co-op" menu to map vote if you manage to find some.
KILROY

Re: Jeffros Challenge, similar maps, and anni maps.

Post by KILROY »

Agreed. I'm seeing this in most server's these days. The same maps being played over and over, causing some after awhile to get tired of playing the same thing and drop from the server. Every so often, LT servers will play an old original Tribes map, like Iceridge, and most stay in to play, cause it's a change of playing the same thing continuously. Haven't seen Broadside played yet, which used to be a fav back in it's day.
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

The rotation should include all of Plasmatic's maps, as well as some of Jeffro's, TIJO and TE maps, and more of the old Extreme ones. Actually, I wish the package was as vast as it was before 2010 :(
- <!>Tariq^
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I've always hated the way the mission rotation is locked into the mission type of the last mission.

For instance, if you start your server on a CTF map, it'll only rotate through CTF maps until someone votes for something else.

Now the maps on the BR server are categorized even further by CTF arena, CTF air, CTF ground, etc... So if you play one ground mission, the rest of the missions will also be ground missions.

I like what Tribes: Vengeance attempted to do with maps. Every map was designed to be played with any one of the mission objectives...
For instance, CTF, C&H, D&D, DM, etc... All options for each map. Tribes 1 could be the same way... Already kinda is. You can have tower switches and flags in the same mission, extra points for destroying enemy generators, disable all objectives and even teams, and just brawl it out, if you want to.

If the objectives were coded this way, I'd group the missions by terrain, instead... For instance, a lot of the community contributed maps share the same terrain as broadside and blastside. So each map in the rotation would have the same terrain, but the bases and spawn points would be in different locations. If you got sick of that terrain, you could vote to switch planets and you'd start a new map rotation of maps sharing a different terrain, etc...
Nightmare OG

Post by Nightmare OG »

Lol Jegue your sig is amazing
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Nightmare OG wrote:Lol Jegue your sig is amazing
Still working on it hehe
- <!>Tariq^
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

I think those additions are a good idea - however, I dont see them ever happening because the people who have ftp access are now inactive... we’re stuck with the same old things until someone whose able to make changes comes back
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Will try to get to this sooner rather than later. Goal for 2019 tribes is to get everything more available to avoid situations where we lose a lot of progress if one or two people go dark.

I've finished a few projects that I haven't been able to upload to the server, but good things are coming tba
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Nightmare OG

Post by Nightmare OG »

yassssss