connecton problem

Beavis

Re: connecton problem

Post by Beavis »

still nothing
This has to happen, Need my fix...Tribes =Dope!!!!!!!!!!
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Have you tried re-downloading the version fix for windows 7 (Vista) again?
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

yes and turned off fire wall just to check that even. I did a force shut down because my computer was freezing up, that's when it all started.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Freezing up? Do you know as to why? What were you doing when the system froze? Have you run a full virus scan? Also, check your RAM. How much do you have available? If you don't have enough RAM available, could be why Tribes isn't able to run. If so, I'd suggest moving things off your hard drive to an external hard drive or RAM Stick. Also, have you done any updates recently on your operating system? If so, you may want to check into the updates and start removing them one by one to see if one of the updates may be doing this. And, did you check to see if your program is pointing to the main tribes server? I take it your Tribes does open when not connecting online? If so, check to make sure it's listing the main tribes server before trying to connect to a gamming server.

EDIT: Another thought. Have you done a backup? Saved a point in time on your computer. A recovery back up. If so, you may want to load it and see if that corrects the issue.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Can you connect directly to that?

Code: Select all

connect("208.100.45.14:28001");
If you can directly connect, but the server list doesn't load, you need to reinstall the new master addresses:

Code: Select all

$Server::CurrentMaster = "0";
$Server::MasterAddressN0 = "t1m1.tribes0.com:28000 t1m1.masters.tribesmasterserver.com:28000 t1m1.pu.net:28000 skbmaster.ath.cx:28000 kigen.ath.cx:28000 t1m1.masters.dynamix.com:28000";
If you can't directly connect, either, Tribes is unable to connect to the internet, at all. I have no idea how to fix that.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

Ok I didn't think I would have to go this far to fix this problem.
After letting my computer open to some company I noticed a windows update that would pop up randomly and I would click off the install option, but one day my friend let it install not knowing that she did. But when I got home it had some 3d bubble thing on my screen wanting me to install. so I went to control panel after trying to get online it was super slow im like wtf Brittany she said she hit some key or what ever. anywho it started freezing up I did a shutdown which now I should have never done. ran my virus checker it came back - so I m thinking its ok my internet works fine. but my tribes is not .
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

were would I paste that per.?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

You're the connect command directly into the console to connect to the be server.

If that works, paste the other code into your config file... I forget the name of it.

Just search for $Server::MasterAddressN0 in your config folder and paste over that line.

It might appear in two or three files, just
You can replace all instances if you don't dwell like figuring out which one loads last.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

He'll also browse your hard drive for photos of Britney...

We know how you do, Beavis!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

You know, I think you might just be able to paste that matter server info into the console, too. Right when you start tribes, before you click quick launch, open console, paste code, type enter, close console, and click quick launch.

That should fix it, and if it does, exit tribes, and that should save the fix in your config so you won't have to do it twice.

Theoretically.