connecton problem

KILROY

Re: connecton problem

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:You know, I think you might just be able to paste that matter server info into the console, too. Right when you start tribes, before you click quick launch, open console, paste code, type enter, close console, and click quick launch.

That should fix it, and if it does, exit tribes, and that should save the fix in your config so you won't have to do it twice.

Theoretically.
Correct, open Tribes, go to Options, Network, then click ADD and type in:

t1m1.tribes0.com:28000

Then add that and it will point to the Tribes Master Server.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

thanks, its fixed, dl malware bytes , did scan and it found 2 threats quarantined them and Tribes cranked right up!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Interesting.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Well, that was one of the options suggested. To run a virus scan. Now....if you haven't yet, see what that Malware was, and try not to visit another site with it again, and run a quick scan at least once a week and a full scan once a month, and you should be good to go. Glad you got it going again.

EDIT: BTW...just out of curiosity...what virus program did you run before?
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

windows essentials, the virus was some thing called windows update she clicked on.
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

Ghost wrote:I don't think windows updates are viruses but it is known to cause some funky issues...
Could have been a fake update like you often see for Java, Flash and Adobe.
I'm running XP and sometimes still see "Windows Updates" for it :roflz:
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

S']['U wrote:
Ghost wrote:I don't think windows updates are viruses but it is known to cause some funky issues...
Could have been a fake update like you often see for Java, Flash and Adobe.
I'm running XP and sometimes still see "Windows Updates" for it :roflz:
That's exactly what it was STU, right on the button. There are some sites that do this. The sites are not legit, so be careful where you surf. There is a program that helps with this, it's called McAfee Site Advisor. A browser plugin. Basically how this works, is McAfee's Team has viewed and checked all these online sites and it will tell you if the site is a legit site to view and look at, without it auto downloading something to your system without you knowing about it with either a green checkmark for good, red checkmark for bad, or a question mark relaying it hasn't verified the site yet. It will also tell you if a site is bad for you with a pop-up relaying to you "Do you really want to visit this site?" after clicking on a site to visit. You can click the yes to continue or the no to leave, and the site won't load. Other sites that are not legit show pop-ups that relay you need to update this program or that program, and when click on the link to update, you are actually downloading a virus, spam, or malware.

I don't use McAfee's site to download this, I use CNET. You can find the download here, if interested:

http://download.cnet.com/McAfee-SiteAdv ... 16155.html

EDIT: Oh and the good thing, it's FREE!