Bladez is banned. Do you care?

Do you care that Bladez is banned?

Bladez is a dick, and I'm glad he's banned.Image
54%
I have no fucks to give.Image
23%
Bladez is a valuable member of the community and I miss having him in the server.Image
23%

Total votes: 13

justR

Re: Bladez is banned. Do you care?

Post by justR »

Armageddon wrote:And blaze, while fish may tell everyone willing to listen his real name and information that does not give you the right to publish it. Fish has the right to release personal information of his own, you however do not have the right to release his personal information. http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/publica ... vate-facts
Elements of a Private Facts Claim

A plaintiff must establish four elements to hold someone liable for publication of private facts:

1. Public Disclosure: The disclosure of facts must be public. Another way of saying this is that the defendant must "give publicity" to the fact or facts in question.
2. Private Fact: The fact or facts disclosed must be private, and not generally known.
3. Offensive to a Reasonable Person: Publication of the private facts in question must be offensive to a reasonable person of ordinary sensibilities.
4. Not Newsworthy: The facts disclosed must not be newsworthy. Stated differently, the facts disclosed must not be a matter of legitimate public concern.
Ok so let's see some examples. What information could someone post on here/in server that could, under these guidelines, become a violation of the publication of public facts? Someone's name? Address? I don't see how either of those would fit all four of those guidelines, but if anyone wants to take a shot at convincing me (Arma) be my guest. Might as well be you since you posted the link.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

That link if for making a claim or lawsuit against a person for releasing personal information.

If fish happens to receive harassment whether it be on-line or in real life from the information used from what blazed posted in the server he can sue, whether the harassment meets those that the claim would require is not up to me to decide, which i never claimed. What i was showing is that if any harassment was to take place and was linked back to the reveal of his information through blaze it could cause plenty of problems. While he may think he's safe from the world behind a screen he is terribly wrong and that is what i was pointing out, something he is oblivious to.
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

justR wrote:Ok Stu. First, you don't always personal mute him. I'm sure you were aware of his antics, but in the game of the screenshot you posted you played with him and only muted him when he started getting to you. You know he's going to do it every single time, yet you choose to wait until he has succeeded to then do something about it and feel like you've been wronged.
Wrong. Image
Bladez has never ever "gotten to me", and I do not "react" to him.
I mute him when I get tired of reading his obscene crap in the chat box.
And everyone knows that if I really "feel I've been wronged" I would let everybody know about it.

Do you have demos to back up your assumption?
Would you like to see mine?

As for feeding the troll here, I'm just trying to communicate the same point that Armageddon just made: The server is better off without him.

I was hoping that this ban would make him re-think his behavior in the server, but he's made it quite clear that he has no intention of changing anything.
We have also learned from these threads that he's not just a server troll, being an asshole just for fun....he's also an asshole in real life and has a serious personality disorder.

We don't need these kind of people in Tribes. He has nothing worthwhile to contribute to the game.
justR

Post by justR »

I am pretty sure he is right in his thoughts that he is safe from the world behind a screen based on anything he has actually said/posted in game or on forums. I guess my point is that none of the information would be linked back to Bladez to begin with. People cry about their name being released yet they have a Facebook profile. Need I say more?

and Stu:

- I think Bladez gets to you all the time. You don't. Everyone else can make their own judgment I guess?
- He is an active player, and that is his contribution to the game and server. I value that contribution from anyone, more than I do about you or Arma or anyone else being overly sensitive about what someone says on the internet.
- We could always test out this theory and remove everyone who upsets people and see how much fun playing 2vs3 pubs are...sounds like a fucking blast.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

Yes you need say more. Facebook doesn't advertise your information or share it without you approving it. The owner of the facebook account at their discretion decides who has the ability to view the information they list. I'm not making this shit up lol, laws or rather Acts do exist to protect the identities of internet users.
justR

Post by justR »

iirc there is a box on Facebook you can click to hide your profile from search results in Google, at least there was something of that sort the last time I had a FB account. Most people do not click that box, nor do they make their profile private for the general public, so what is your point? I think Bladez going as far as trying to find out information not already readily available to the mass public online is about as far-fetched as his computer shutdown threats.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

No the point which you are completely missing as stated above is not that he's trying to gain this information, it's that he has this information and IS releasing it publicly.
justR

Post by justR »

Type in a random person's name into Facebook, Myspace, Whitepages, Twitter et al. That's not already released publicly?

EDIT:

2. Private Fact: The fact or facts disclosed must be private, and not generally known.
3. Offensive to a Reasonable Person: Publication of the private facts in question must be offensive to a reasonable person of ordinary sensibilities.

I don't see how someone's name is private and not generally known. I don't see how someone knowing your name is offensive, unless of course you're a person "not" of ordinary sensibilities, which would be the case with some people in these threads.
Bladez

Post by Bladez »

I don't see how stu has any say in this thread whatsoever? He puts in what? 5 hours at most a week into the server? I put it at least 8 hours a day into the server regardless if i'm actually playing or trolling even though it's not one or the other because i own and troll at the same time and when your as good as me in the game you would be able to.

Stu i have gotten to you that's why you mute me all the time or rage quit when i own the shit out of you in you're fairy plane. We've all seen it. Why not ban stu for just going around flying in a plane and bombing people all the time? That get's annoying once in awhile because it's all he knows how to do, so since we're are saying people should be gone for simply "annoying" let's make a vote to perma ban stu for annoying everyone with his planes? Seems legit right? Eye for an Eye.

But after seeing what stu looks like in the picture thread i wouldn't want a haggard ass redneck in a mid life crises from doing the only thing that makes him happy.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

justR wrote:Type in a random person's name into Facebook, Myspace, Whitepages, Twitter et al. That's not already released publicly?
All that should be considered 'Directory Information.' Any school that anyone has gone to can release this information (considered directory information), unless they have notified the school or district in writing. And if someone does not want their information to get out, maybe they shouldn't be so willing to give it.
  1. Student's name
  2. Address
  3. Telephone listing
  4. Electronic mail address
  5. Photograph
  6. Date and place of birth
  7. Major field of study
  8. Dates of attendance
  9. Grade level
  10. Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  11. Weight and height of members of athletic teams
  12. Degrees, honors, and awards received
  13. The most recent educational agency or institution attended
  14. Student ID number, user ID, or other unique personal identifier used to communicate in electronic systems that cannot be used to access education records without a PIN, password, etc. (A student's SSN, in whole or in part, cannot be used for this purpose.)
So why are we attacking Bladez, and protecting Image,who is just as big of a troll, racist bigot, etc?