perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: unjust ban from dark, replay shows

Post by perrinoia »

Fools... the lot of them. :trolol:
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

What, you don't use Netscape Navigator anymore? HEHE!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Netscape navigator? What are you, a millennial?
Real OG use prodigy intranet.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

perrinoia wrote:Netscape navigator? What are you, a millennial?
Real OG use prodigy intranet.
Nah, this OG sent email from a DEC MicroVax terminal. OG also maintained DNS manually in plain text files using EDT. You aint OG unless you manually entered in-addr.arpa PTR and MX entries in a text file.

:younoob: :bdance:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

:stu:
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

LOL...good one OldGuy, but you don't like my elite back-up system on 3 1/2-inch and 5 1/4-inch floppies? :ttup:
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

KILROY wrote:LOL...good one OldGuy, but you don't like my elite back-up system on 3 1/2-inch and 5 1/4-inch floppies? :ttup:
Well, I might have failed to mention the Burroughs and tape backups. Had an internal takeup real with an autoloading feature that sucked the tape onto the spool using vacuum.

The fun started when we did an in-house migration from the Burroughs to DEC, VMS, and VaxBasic. Did all our data conversions from cobol to reel to cassette to PC to MSAccess then finally to csv that we used for the imports on the new system. I did the cobol, mainframe, and transport stuff and the other guy and I teamed the data conversion and he did the imports to VMS. Ultimately, we wound up running on a DEC Alpha Server. Backups were a combination of digital cassettes and hot-swapable raid drives. Fun stuff.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

WOW! I haven't seen one of those vacuum one's for decades sir, but I still have my JVC reel-to-reel tape drive and my portable TEAC reel-to-reel tape drive that I have to manually load the tape without breaking it, and they still work! Let's not forget Fortran, Pascal, and all your C's.

K, :otopic: I still have my Panasonic 8-Track player too, with a bunch of 8-Tracks, including a player that you install in your vehicle that all still work! Don't you just love it...listening to a really good tune, it get's to a great part of the tune that your enjoying, and all of a sudden you hear "click, click" and it resume's playing the tune :hbeat:

I haven't decide yet on what I'm going to do, but I still own a 1981 Nissan Regular Cab Truck, standard shift with a bench seat, no a/c unfortunately. Motor needs a rebuild, but thinking about going to my local junkyard and picking up either a V-6 or V-8 and putting it in. A friend of mine has the same truck and added a V-6, but his has a/c, and it worked out pretty nice. What do you think V-6 or V-8? After, I'm going to do the stereo. Should I go with old school classic and install the 8-Track system? Or just go modern? I have a bunch of modern stereo stuff still from back in the late 80's when I ran car audio competitions with a few friends of mine sponsored by Rockford Fosgate.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »