Maniac

Re: KILROY on an aggressive trip.

Post by Maniac »

:trolol:
C U N ACTION!
war-con

Post by war-con »

hey tribes players, this is hOtAiR{OZ}, (using my dads account cause its easier), .. Hell i was setting up turrets to kill bots on a bot map cause hell i was just havin fun, not tryin to gain kills or increase my k/d, JUST MESSIN AROUND cause i was bored, and Killroy (yes you) came in and was talkin about banning ME! like wtf, really, good luck on that. Who cares really about killing bots with turrets... AND who cares really about how long you played??? i played along time too. World OGL baby! does that make you GOD over everyone? NO! it doesnt.. What matters is respect. period. This game is too damn old for this shit to continue. Just play the game. Stop with the BS for real. jeeze.... also, i love that picture of Abe simpson yelling at the cloud. That sums it up nicely, lolz..
Azul

Post by Azul »

Slawdog wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:02 pm Sorry I broke the rules! I will try and do better!
You didn't, turreting on bot maps is fine. Tribes is supposed to be fun. There are fun things you can do with bots and turrets. Sorry someone tried to ruin that fun for you.

Ingrid doesn't cheat. I've had lots of good matches with her (that I usually win, in my prime :wavee: )

The misogyny and "omg, shes a girl so I want to annoy and date her!" shit has to stop, this is 2022. Its one thing when the player is young like TribesPlayer (not saying he is a misogynst, he is very sweet) but its creepy as hell when you 20-30 year old dudes do it. Let the women play the damn game in peace. How would you like it if I hit on you and annoyed you?

Agree that too many people have admin. Admin should be only for kicking Fish or others that come in just to grief.

Kilroy, I don't know why you care so much. Tribes 1 has maybe 12 active players and a few people like me that come around only a blue moon because there are simply other games that have more people online to have fun with than Tribes does nowadays. Let the 12 people who play weekly play.
MERCENARY

Post by MERCENARY »

i think yall need to stop acousing people without proves, just cause someone is good, it dont mean that hes cheating.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

This might be my fault for not fixing bots giving you increased player profile stats when I implemented the ctf Bot maps. My bad! To be honest I didn't fix it because nobody really cares what anyones K/D is and after several years of different servers/setups/version etc. nobody would have accurate data anyways lol. Maybe I will stop bots from adding to kill stats in a future patch, but please don't stop anyone from playing for "padding stats"

The bot maps were made for practicing. Please feel free to set turrets to spawn kill them or do whatever you feel like. That's why they exist.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

I'm going to say this once and once only. I'm sorry. I apologize. I let my redneckedness get out of hand. When I was growing up we gave each other grief, cursed at each other, called each other names, and used all manner of profanities. And we laughed through all of it. We did it for fun. And we did it later in life as adults. I suppose, being from a different generation, I need to adjust my mindset to compensate for thinner skins. Yea, I said that. But here's the deal. There is one player in particular that immediately goes off on me when I haven't said a word. This guy always says the exact same things and sounds just like Player's cousin. You know, the one who threatened my life. Even Kilroy built it up as a serious life-threatening situation. But then I talked to a number of other veterans that pretty much convinced me it was all B.S. But that's in the past.

Since we're discussing admins, I had a boat load of grief from Syn over how I use ghost pack. He even threatened to ban me over it. No, I don't have a recording. And I don't particularly care about that. However, Syn continued to threaten me saying I was breaking the rules. When I asked which rule, he said they're posted on the forum. So I did a search. As best I could tell, there is no official "rules" post. Turns out, he was talking about this particular thread. He kept saying I was playing off the map. I kept saying I simply ghosted through an exterior wall. Lot's of players do it. Especially on box As far as I'm concerned, anything on the other side of that wall is fair game. So I said something along the lines the map was everything inside out of bounds and that I was not playing below the terrain. Something about proof came up so I said fine I'll start recording every game. I left, turned on recording, let him know I was recording, and he hasn't said a word about it since.

Finally, my now admitted abuse. It started as a way to vent due to my father's current health situation. And I let it get out of control. But that one player continually starts on me before I ever say a word. To the point of making fun of my deceased mother and him having his way with her. Of late, he votes to silence me as soon as I join. And he continues voting for the remainder of the game even if I switch accounts and get a vpn. For that reason, I have played for the last week anonymously. But honestly, I never really got the community's point until I was medic say he can't play with me and that I'm a dick. I accept that. It's all on me. So, I'll just mute whoever the guy is that goes off one me, accept his silencing vote, come back later with two instances, and unsilence myself. It's not that big of a deal. Except the deceased mother part. That's a big deal. Most care. Some obviously don't. But whatever. It is what it is.
Synsilliusarian

Post by Synsilliusarian »

Yep, a boat load of grief. As if you're so innocent all the time, OG.

The issue at first was you sitting in your base with the flag, "setting defense" and not capturing it and stalling the game. In addition, you ignored me when I asked you to cap on multiple occasions.. after issueing you a warning I returned the flag.. After which, you told me, and I quote "I don't CARE what you say," when I referred to me asking you to cap, and my warnings. You've repeatedly done this (*EDIT: Originally said twice, but in fact, it has been every time I have been in the game since the first incident)--in attempts to document "admin abuse" Of which are recorded.. Funny how you are so quiet and polite when you record your videos. Not at all the normal antagonistic trash talker who intentionally harrasses admins to act. Also funny, that you haven't posted those videos. Must have been all that admin abuse.

The second issue was you flying out of enclosed maps with the flag in ghost armor to hide near the mission boundaries... you might as well be in angel armor flying into the sky. I don't have an issue with the ghost pack. I have an issue with you sitting out of the gameplay area with the flag.

In relation to the rules comment, yes.. they are posted in a conversation in the admin section on the forum (NO, not this particular thread, as you put it)... I told you this multiple times, and even apologized to you for misleading you into thinking they were in a part of the forum you had access to. Ever since the first issue--which mind you, is 100% your own doing--you've done nothing but be antagonistic towards me and try and get me to abuse my admin.
*Edit:* I feel compelled to also include that I have *never* threatened to ban anybody. Yes. I've threatened to kick, but banning is not the same thing, and I have never threatened it. In addition to this, I also feel compelled to say that I've tried to be there for you when it's come to your parents, OG. I've offered my condolences, my ear, and my shoulder on many occasions.
Azul

Post by Azul »

OldGuy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:23 pm I'm going to say this once and once only. I'm sorry. I apologize. I let my redneckedness get out of hand. When I was growing up we gave each other grief, cursed at each other, called each other names, and used all manner of profanities. And we laughed through all of it. We did it for fun. And we did it later in life as adults. I suppose, being from a different generation, I need to adjust my mindset to compensate for thinner skins. Yea, I said that. But here's the deal. There is one player in particular that immediately goes off on me when I haven't said a word. This guy always says the exact same things and sounds just like Player's cousin. You know, the one who threatened my life. Even Kilroy built it up as a serious life-threatening situation. But then I talked to a number of other veterans that pretty much convinced me it was all B.S. But that's in the past.

Since we're discussing admins, I had a boat load of grief from Syn over how I use ghost pack. He even threatened to ban me over it. No, I don't have a recording. And I don't particularly care about that. However, Syn continued to threaten me saying I was breaking the rules. When I asked which rule, he said they're posted on the forum. So I did a search. As best I could tell, there is no official "rules" post. Turns out, he was talking about this particular thread. He kept saying I was playing off the map. I kept saying I simply ghosted through an exterior wall. Lot's of players do it. Especially on box As far as I'm concerned, anything on the other side of that wall is fair game. So I said something along the lines the map was everything inside out of bounds and that I was not playing below the terrain. Something about proof came up so I said fine I'll start recording every game. I left, turned on recording, let him know I was recording, and he hasn't said a word about it since.

Finally, my now admitted abuse. It started as a way to vent due to my father's current health situation. And I let it get out of control. But that one player continually starts on me before I ever say a word. To the point of making fun of my deceased mother and him having his way with her. Of late, he votes to silence me as soon as I join. And he continues voting for the remainder of the game even if I switch accounts and get a vpn. For that reason, I have played for the last week anonymously. But honestly, I never really got the community's point until I was medic say he can't play with me and that I'm a dick. I accept that. It's all on me. So, I'll just mute whoever the guy is that goes off one me, accept his silencing vote, come back later with two instances, and unsilence myself. It's not that big of a deal. Except the deceased mother part. That's a big deal. Most care. Some obviously don't. But whatever. It is what it is.

At least you finally admit you are a redneck, which is the real story here :taunt:

I don't mind one bit how you play, I mean you are very very easy to point out when you come in with a new name, but you play unique compared to the other players. Nobody uses the necro and angel packs anymore. Its either builder or titan

Guys, Tribes has less than 12 active players left. Like the entire game. I don't get why there is a push to antagonize those few members that still try to play every day. It's sad, the game is hanging on by a pube hair, coming up on 30 years since release (insane). Just let the people play. No more admin abusing, no more being a rules nazi, no more griefing on purpose.

I myself have finally moved on, I'm so much older than when I started playing in the late 90's/early 2000's and its hard waiting for people to get on or just playing a huge map with 2 or 3 people. I'll always cherish the memories I've made in Tribes over the last 25 years and maybe someone will step up to make a classic Tribes Annihilation stand alone game one day with way better netcode and easier to hop in and out.

As of now I've moved on to Rec Room, they have a capture the flag game there that is buttery smooth like Tribes (without the jetpack) and I can hop in and out any time of day and always full games
Synsilliusarian

Post by Synsilliusarian »

Nobody uses the necro and angel packs anymore. Its either builder or titan
This is simply not true. People use necromancer and ghost pack all the time. Just about every game I am in at least one player uses necromancer. It is extremely effective when flagrunning. But as I mentioned, I don't mind the necromancer, or ghost pack, as long as it is not abused... which as I've relayed in my last post, it has been.
Guys, Tribes has less than 12 active players left
This, also, is simply not true. RPG mod alone has around 9 active players that I see on regularly. Also had a good game last night on Annihilation that had at least 10 players. This has become almost commonplace within the last few weeks. We have had quite a few decently-sized games recently. That's not including those who play LT Base... so.. there is still an active community of more than 12 players...

Unless you are smurfing, I haven't seen you in the game for months, Azul... kind of a bummer, but it's understandable.
Just let the people play. No more admin abusing, no more being a rules nazi, no more griefing on purpose.
I have seen no admin abuse, just griefers accusing admins of abuse when they are caught griefing. I disdain having to use my admin abilities. They are a last resort for me, but it doesn't seem to matter.. when I use them, I'm immediately branded an abuser, as is most admins that use them, regardless of how polite, respectful and kind I am. All I ask is the game's played fairly... not hiding outside of the playable areas with the flag, or sitting in your base with the flag simply to stall the game.

But I digress.
I appreciate your input on this Azul, and even though you've said you've moved on, it would still be great to see you back in the game some time. I wish you the best.
Maniac

Post by Maniac »

In other news, I'll be back on in a few days. Im recovering from acute respiratory failure and have been laid up in the hospital. Almost died again. That's twice this year already.

Next person to tell me "you're too young for COPD" gets a fist in the throat. Jfc if I had a nickel for every time a person said it these last few weeks, I'd have a shit load of nickels.
C U N ACTION!