EAT*LEAD Serious Happy Mod Usage

Sinister

EAT*LEAD Serious Happy Mod Usage

Post by Sinister »

Every time EAT*LEAD joins the server there is serious happy mod going on. Every time i come around the corner he is looking directly at me with chaingun in hand and literally never misses with it. It's seriously annoying a few people have dropped over it. There are several others that agree with me as well. Please do something about this, it's rediculous and he doesn't know how to hide it what so ever..
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: EAT*LEAD Serious Happy Mod Usage

Post by perrinoia »

While it's definitely possible that he uses HM, we don't know how to detect or prevent it, for sure.

I have only ever used HM twice in my life. Once, when I thought it would give me insight to detect it, and once when I was playing at a friend's house, and discovered he had it in his config (fucking cheater). But I still get accused of HMing when I camp an entrance waiting for some poor schmuck to walk past my cross-hairs, or when my expensive surround sound earphones help me hear which direction your footsteps are coming from, through the walls, so I no which hallway to toss a grenade down, or when I literally get a lucky shot...

So, that's why I merely ask people not to, and attempt to shame them for doing it, if I suspect them, but never ban people for HMing...
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

You know that's pretty sad, for as long as this game has been out that no one has found a way to detect HM'ing yet. All you need is a sniffer program that checks the players Tribes folder for the HM coding while they are on the server playing. With them on the server playing they have opened up the port on the folder for detection to find the coding for HM. It's just like the LH checker that the server uses.

Download the HM code, go through it and verify what it is, and build a sniffer program to detect it when one is on the server playing. When it's detected, they get kicked, a message relays to them why they were kicked, and their IP is logged so an admin can verify the usage the next time they come on the server, and then they get banned.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Well when you put it like that... Why the fuck hasn't anyone done it?

I know why I haven't... I don't know how. Do you?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I'm not a coder, so no, I don't, but how does the LH hope checker work, I'm assuming it scan's the port that the gamer is using to connect to the server to verify if they have it installed or not. You and some of the other's on here code, why haven't you looked into it, or got together to look into it?

Now, if it's programming you want with DOS, Fortran, Pascal, etc. An old programming language to do something, that's different.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

No, that's not at all how LH works.

LH is a client side plugin that the client must choose to install.
The LH plugin periodically scans for HM.exe and other plugins that aren't white-listed.
If detected, it ends the tribes.exe task.
It also provides some additional functions in Tribes, including one that talks with the server via scripts to confirm you are running the plugin.

Every time a new LH came out, a new LH bypass has come out, that simply convinces the server you're running LH when you really aren't.

What you are suggesting, is basically making LH server-side... Sneaking in through the open port each time the player connects rather than relying on cheaters to install valid anti-cheat software.

I love this idea, and I don't know if it matters what language it's written in... I know the Tribes plugin API is written in C++, so that would be the most obvious choice, but I also know of at least two programmers who have made plugins or exe replacements by decompiling and modifying assembly code.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

He uses 1.41 sometimes.. other times he's back on 1.11 ...fucking strange man

LUNCHBOX

Post by LUNCHBOX »

eatlead is 13 years old...
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

What does his age have to do with the price of tea in China?

Someone tell him to cut the shit and act right, or we'll tell his parents on him!
blankgirl

Post by blankgirl »

Sinister wrote:Every time i come around the corner he is looking directly at me with chaingun in hand and literally never misses with it.
Not trying to disagree, but there are a couple things I can think of that *might* explain the scenario you mentioned.

1.) He is using 3rd person to look around the corner and then camps, like a n00b, until someone comes around

2.) He has his volume turned WAY the f*ck up and can hear your footsteps coming.

Again, not just posting this to disagree, but rather because I'd like to believe that after ~18 years of Tribes someone wouldn't still be an asshole and HM.

blank
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD