Mod changes

assasin

Mod changes

Post by assasin »

Can we change the pbeam charge sound back to what it was? Playing it while wearing headset is so annoying. Also the missile turrets sound the same as chemeleon pack. Would be good to add something else or revert the sound change since its impossible to say without deployable cats whether there is a chemeleon near you or its the missile turret. The new pbeam color is nice but it still looks similar to normal laser turret color.

Saw all the spell weapons in Necro are having the same new item display when the weapon is dropped. This is great since all of them used to be invisible before. Spell flame strike could get some love if possible as its not at all used.

While playing troll with troll pack, if you change your weapon to minigun the troll pack display in 3rd person changes permanently.

I didnt see anything else, will post if I do find more. Also there are some map issues I guess like " A snipers dream" map crashing everyone.
blueberries

Re: Mod changes

Post by blueberries »

I noticed yesterday (4/29) and today that when the mission Blastside CTF (Open Call) is loaded on the LM server my app crashes immediately on load, as did several other players'. I could tell we were all getting bounced off and trying to rejoin without success.

Not sure the most appropriate place for this message.....
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Thanks blueberries for the post....I PM'd Ghost and Death on the issue.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Thanks Ghost, but OG made a post on the server still having some issue's. Death looked into it, but nothing happened to himself, but he did make a statement that maybe it's only doing it after a certain map has been played previously before the start of the map that has been having the issue's. Possible thought, but we would need to know what map was played previously in order to try it out to see.
assasin

Post by assasin »

Need a range nerf to droids. People just spamming it from their base with nothing other than a control jammer or a os launcher to counter it and having a long range.
pika

Post by pika »

Those are both good counters to the droid. Another you didn't mention: go kill the person using the droid. The game that you were getting annoyed in, you didn't even try to. Or, if you did you didn't try hard. I wasn't even in the base, I was out in the open. You could have easily killed me if you looked. But instead, in the middle of the game you logged onto here to complain and you incessantly whined in-game.

The droid isn't even that effective. The rockets aren't very strong and it's HP is quite weak. If anything it's best for scouting and harassing.
assasin

Post by assasin »

Didn't try hard isn't a reason. Thing is it's not strong but you can just spam it from long range without getting punished for. It does a decent chunk and not bad.

Problem is it used the same mechanic as the vehicles to fly which makes it buggy to aim at, not to mention it used the laser turret pack and makes it even harder. And if you gonna compare it vehicles as well, vehicles can be detected by missile turrets or neurobashers but this doesn't. It simply offers nothing other than a easy way to spam other bases.

That game isn't the only reason I posted this and I didn't just join in the middle there, it's three times in three days i saw the same thing happening. Like I said it needs a range nerf so that people can't spam it from long distance on a base again and again. What's the use of hp being weak if it can't be even shot at.
pika

Post by pika »

assasin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:30 pm Didn't try hard isn't a reason. Thing is it's not strong but you can just spam it from long range without getting punished for. It does a decent chunk and not bad.
I didn't simply say "didn't try hard," I said you didn't try to find me. If you had looked at all you would have easily found me and killed me which in turn would mean that there wouldn't be a droid. But you didn't do that, instead you whined in the game then game here and whined some more.
Problem is it used the same mechanic as the vehicles to fly which makes it buggy to aim at, not to mention it used the laser turret pack and makes it even harder. And if you gonna compare it vehicles as well, vehicles can be detected by missile turrets or neurobashers but this doesn't. It simply offers nothing other than a easy way to spam other bases.
Some players like Merc, consistently kill the droid in a single shot using a rocket. I wasn't comparing it to vehicles, you were.
That game isn't the only reason I posted this and I didn't just join in the middle there, it's three times in three days i saw the same thing happening
Do you remember what you said in game the first time? You said, "as long as you're having fun with it, I'm fine with it." Obviously you weren't. You know what else happens routinely, and more than three times in three days? Stacked teams of 4v2, 3v1 where people just sit outside the base spamming beacons, pbeam, while spawn killing. What's more toxic and harmful to game play, a droid firing a few missiles, or that the former? Which one is by far more common?Yet you choose to come on and complain about the droid. That's funny.
Like I said it needs a range nerf so that people can't spam it from long distance on a base again and again. What's the use of hp being weak if it can't be even shot at.
Have you even tried it? Firing it from a very long range isn't nearly as effective because of the duration of time it take the missile to get to its target.
assasin

Post by assasin »

I did whine but not in the middle lol

As for the range you said it's not effective but the thing is it shoots and shoots and shoots from range and still does the damage and just coz merc can shoot it doesn't mean anyone can. Like I said two counters and that's it.

Easy to play nothing to punish that play and that's why the range nerf. I tried it and yes it does the same.

The reason i complained the droid is because if you see in the update notes it said it's in a beta build and it was added in one of the recent updates that's why. It's not there for many many years like others.

Main problem is it has no consequence using it unlike any other things in the game. You are saying find you in the game rather than whining which is not my job lol

PS: I'm here not to argue or whine again. Just saying my suggestion coz it's recently added and that's it.
pika

Post by pika »

assasin wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:20 am I did whine but not in the middle lol
That's literally what you did. You whined in the game and posted on here during the actual game.
As for the range you said it's not effective but the thing is it shoots and shoots and shoots from range and still does the damage and just coz merc can shoot it doesn't mean anyone can. Like I said two counters and that's it.
The thing is, you didn't even try to counter it, you just whined in game and here. You didn't even try setting up a jamming station. You could have chosen to fight back, set up a jammer, shoot down the droids with rockets (as others do), and to find and kill me (as others do). But no, you chose to just whine.
Easy to play nothing to punish that play and that's why the range nerf. I tried it and yes it does the same.
IDK what you're trying to say here, your sentence is so incoherent. Maybe you could rephrase it.
The reason i complained the droid is because if you see in the update notes it said it's in a beta build and it was added in one of the recent updates that's why. It's not there for many many years like others.
My understanding it was added several updates back. Simply because something has been present for many years (or not) isn't an argument to have or not have it, that's fallacious thinking and an example of the appeal to tradition fallacy.
Main problem is it has no consequence using it unlike any other things in the game. You are saying find you in the game rather than whining which is not my job lol
Your job? I didn't say anything about jobs. What I'm saying is, you didn't even attempt to find and kill me (of if you did your attempt was very bad). If you made even a basic effort to look for me you would have found me, as I said before I was out in the open. But instead you simply gave up and resorted to whining in game, and then whining here.
PS: I'm here not to argue or whine again. Just saying my suggestion coz it's recently added and that's it.
Yet here you are doing both.